jmgrigsby

Shower Water Pressure - Low

I have very low water pressure from our shower head and at the kitchen sink faucet - but the bath lavatory and bedroom lavatory have good pressure.

When I connect to city water, we also turn on the water pump when we shower or use the kitchen sink faucet.

Has anyone had this problem? if so how did you fix it?

Jim

Jim,

Start by removing the aerator from the sink and see if that restores full water pressure. If so, clean the debris out. If heavy mineral deposits are the culprit, soak in vinegar.

Also, remove the shower head and check for a screen or other restriction that may be clogged up.

Brett

Brett,

I have done all that - doesn't help. I have tried about 4 different shower heads and taken the kitchen faucet apart and cleaned it.

I must have a bad valve somewhere or a crimped water line.

I just have run out of places to check. I don't guess it hurts to turn on the water pump, too. Thats the only thing that helps.

Jim

Strange that the "restriction" is only on those two locations.

You might look at a copy of your potable water plumbing system or trace the lines and determine what those two locations have in common that the other locations (that do have full water pressure) don't share.

Please let us know what you find.

Brett

Our coach has a water distribution center in the basement which has a separate line for each water fixture. This distribution center has individual valves which could be turned off or on. It is possible if this is your set-up that several valves could be partially closed causing lower pressure. Our distribution center has separate valves for the hot and cold water lines to each faucet/shower. It would be surprising if the pressure of both the cold and hot water were equally reduced at the fixtures in question. If both hot and cold water pressures are reduced equally, this points to a problem with the fixture. Some fixtures like showers have flow restrictors which will reduce flow from the shower head. Showers also frequently have a restriction on the flow of hot water to keep from scalding you when you forget which way is hot and which way is cold!

As always, the differences in coaches can lead to very different answers. It always helps to identify the make, model and year of your coach. The more information we have, the better the answer you will get!

You may want to check the position of your fill tank/city water valve. My coach does strange things if it isn't firmly in the correct position. Seems funny that it would work well with the pump running but not on city water. :rolleyes: Please let us know what you find.

Ward

I have very low water pressure from our shower head and at the kitchen sink faucet - but the bath lavatory and bedroom lavatory have good pressure.

When I connect to city water, we also turn on the water pump when we shower or use the kitchen sink faucet.

Jim

Jim, what make coach do you have? We have a 2005 Kountry Star DP and have the exact same problem. Great presure in the head, poor in the kitchen and shower.

Mike

By the way Mike, Welcome to the forum.

Jim, How is your water pressure with the city water turned Off and with the pump on? In our coach [Monaco Dynasty] the city water doesn't go through the pump. It bypasses the pump with the valve in the closed position. Does your coach have the water distribution panel that Tom mentioned?

How is the pressure on the kitchen and shower on just hot or cold, both still low? If so I have to go along with Brett, there has to be some type of restriction. The restriction must be after the hot and cold water is mixed. Have you taken the arm off your kitchen faucet and cleaned it? If you take the shower head off how is the pressure? I am just throwing out suggestion.

We all know that the greatest care is taken in building our coaches and that there could never be any trash left in any lines. So it must be something we do wrong.

If you find the solution please post it so everyone that read the forum will know how to solve the problem should they have the same problem.

Jim

Make sure you don't have water filter in your system. Newer ones have a canister. If you do, remove the filter from canister and replace canister without the filter, you might be surprised at the new pressure. If that works replace the filter cartridge. If you don't have a canister replace the all-in-one filter. My coach had the same issue, works great now.

We have a 2000 Safari Zanzibar. Exact same problem. We also have the water control panel as mentioned above. Double checked all the valves and they were all open fully. We checked the aerators and still continued to have the problem. I did however just learn that if connected to city water we don't have to turn on the water pump so thanks for that information.

Essentially, we spent nearly $600.00 in "diagnostics", don't you just love that? We ended up replacing the fixtures in the sink in the bathroom and the shower. Now we have pressure in all fixtures. Not sure that will solve your issue, but it did ours.

Hope this helps.