windchaser

Sealteck 430r

:) Hi All,

We have a leak in the passenger side front, we have tried all the methods listed on this post with little or no success. The leak happens only when it rains.

After an Internet search we have discovered a method of leak detection which we are thinking about using. Its the Sealteck 430r system in which the unit is pressurized and a leak detector is sprayed (soap) on the outside of the coach.

Has any one on the forum used this method before and how successful was it? We do have several RV service dealer in the area that use it.

This leak has stumped us :rolleyes:

Jim & Ina Moore

Guest Wayne77590

I have seen it in use. It is a big blower system. They hook up som 8 inch diameter flex tubing to an input, like a window, and pump high volume air into the unit. Then they start looking for leaks. It is supposed to work quite well.

Haven't seen or heard about it, but the idea sure makes sense. Increase the air pressure inside and spray with a solution and watch for bubbles. Grand idea. How much does it cost and how available is it? Though I don't knowingly have a leak, if it is inexpensive enough, I would like to have it done to my coach. Keep us informed, please!

Ward

If the hole is large enough, I have seen people put a box type fan in a window or doorway and used plastic to seal off the area around the fan. Once the fan is running on high, they than used soap to find leak. Some times two fans are needed.

If the hole is large enough, I have seen people put a box type fan in a window or doorway and used plastic to seal off the area around the fan. Once the fan is running on high, they than used soap to find leak. Some times two fans are needed.

If you have a Fantastic fan(s), they move a lot of air. A little duct tape or even masking tape and a cut up garbage bag could seal off all vents such as range hood, fridge, and roof air conditioners. Don't forget the heat registers if so equipped. Passenger heat/vents up front? Ensure the traps under each sink are full of water or close the drains. If you catch a calm day, a smoke pencil or incense stick might be even more sensitive to leak detection. Might be worth the 10 to 15 minute experiment. What do you have to lose?