ClassicBob

Water Stains On Ceiling

We have repaired the source of the water leaks on the roof of the Winnebago Ultimate and now need info on how to clean the water stains on the ceiling fabric. Does anyone have the answers?? :rolleyes:

I have that same type of ceiling in my 2001 Minnie Winnie type C. It had a bunch of leaks around the headliner lights, plus in places where the previous owner carelessly attached a variety of miscellaneous plaques and signs to the outside headliner area of the coach. Thankfully, the stain was above where the over-cab bed is, so it's not as noticeable.

I used a variety of methods...pet stain remover included. Best suggestion I give you is to start with is bottled hydrogen peroxide (3 percent), the kind dentists suggest you use to clean your mouth with. Put it in a spray bottle and then spray it on (straight, don't mix). Oxyclean or equivalent also can be used, as it contains a dry form of hydrogen peroxide. After you've used that, then go for the plain white vinegar. Spray it on also, in a spray bottle. These two substances combined have the germ/mold-killing power of bleach without the bleach.

Good luck! I still have some staining left, but it is not nearly as bad as it originally was. And if you come up wtih anything else on your own, let me know.

Peggy Jordan, Assoc. Editor, FMC Magazine

I have a similar problem, and have been hesitant to try liquid cleaners in case the adhesive is water based and the fabric might come loose. Has anyone experienced that problem when trying to remove these stains?

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!

Tim Shields

I have a similar problem, and have been hesitant to try liquid cleaners in case the adhesive is water based and the fabric might come loose. Has anyone experienced that problem when trying to remove these stains?

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving!

Tim Shields

If you use the liquids I suggest in spray bottles, then blot with clean towels (I forgot the blotting part!), you will be able to dry up the area quickly. So you are only adding surface moisture, and blotting quickly.

It is also a good idea to run a portable fan on the area for a couple of days after blotting it, to be sure all is dry.

Don't know what brand of coach you have, but I never had any problems with the roof material coming loose, and I did do some rubbing. Maybe Winnebago used the same glue for the ceiling material as they did for the carpet -- and that glue was tough! (It took some real muscle for me to remove and replace the carpet in my coach by hand.)

Peggy

Ozite?

If so: http://www.ozite.com/dfiles/headliner_cargoliner.pdf

Contact information is on the link. Talk with them or even better, take some photos and e-mail them to Ozite.

If this is not the material, perhaps a call to Winnebago will tell you want product it is and who manufactured it.

Brett

Thanks so much! We are new to this motorhome opportunity and want it better than before :-) We'll certainly check this out. Yesterday -- I got "antsy" and sprayed it with 2 parts bleach/1 part water and it is getting lighter, but I just hope the fabric stays there! So far it isn't falling off. :rolleyes:

I live in the St. Peteersburg/Clearwater area. I am looking for an RV shop to repair water damage that has shown itself on my ceiling.

My coach is now at Lazy Days where I received an estimate for $8,000.00 plus any hidden damage.

harrynsue03#346249

My friend had a similar problem in his 2000 Monaco and he asked the local RV shop who they used and they gave him a local carpet/ upholstery cleaning service. They came and used a steam system and cleaned the entire 40' interior fuzzy nap fabric/carpet material and it was less than $200.00 Don

We have repaired the source of the water leaks on the roof of the Winnebago Ultimate and now need info on how to clean the water stains on the ceiling fabric. Does anyone have the answers?? :rolleyes:

I would try Blue Coral carpet and uphostery cleaner in the auto dep. at Walmart or Auto Zone.. Try a spot that won't show somewhere, if it works try the spots..

Mike M..

My friend had a similar problem in his 2000 Monaco and he asked the local RV shop who they used and they gave him a local carpet/ upholstery cleaning service. They came and used a steam system and cleaned the entire 40' interior fuzzy nap fabric/carpet material and it was less than $200.00 Don

We had a 1994 Dynasty with the fuzzy nap ceiling. We had our carpets cleaned by a local carpet cleaner and asked that they also do the ceiling. After some strange looks, they thought about it and did a fine job. We didn't have specific stains but the fabric was yellowing and they successfully restored it to a nice white ceiling. I would think they would know what to use for water stains.

It is white fuzzy stuff that seems to be nylon type.

I used a spray bottle filled with clorex. sprayed it directly on the stain (my sealing is white fuzzy stuff) stain is gone. If you do this I would advise you pick a spot in an out of the way to test to see what the clorex does.

I had water stains on my MH and E-mailed Winnebago on best way to repair it. They called and said that they used " Insta-Gone ". It worked great. Just be careful as it is a bleach and will discolor any fabric it gets on. Just do a search to find it online.

17 hours ago, bstpec1 said:

put some bleach, yes bleach in a spray bottle and spray - this worked for me the water stain was gone the next morning

Welcome to the forum. Don't let Herman pick on you. :D Sometimes when searching for different subjects it does pull up older threads. I have missed the date it was posted before.

Bill

To best answer the question.  You need to find the leak that is causing the stain, not just mask it...what year, make and model of your coach?

Bill is a monitor person this month!  He can't fix anything..:o:rolleyes:

Carl

We just acquired a 2002 Monaco Dynasty 42' RV, and have a water spot from what we believe was A/C condensation.

It's a smooth finish not the fuzzy stuff. It doesn't look like something that can be cleaned from the outside of the fabric, but maybe I'm wrong?

This may be a 7 yr old post, but the struggle is still alive and well :D

Edited by slmishler
needed to change wording

1 hour ago, slmishler said:

We just acquired a 2002 Monaco Dynasty 42' RV, and have a water spot from what we believe was A/C condensation.

It's a smooth finish not the fuzzy stuff. It doesn't look like something that can be cleaned from the outside of the fabric, but maybe I'm wrong?

This may be a 7 yr old post, but the struggle is still alive and well :D

Welcome to the forum as we struggle on.;) I would try some of that "Insta-Gone" that Winnebago recommended or try a little bleach solution, carefully to see if it helps.

Bill