singlesix1973@att.net

No Power From Generator

From experience, have learned that if you post the make, model, and even serial number of the generator, you have a MUCH greater chance at getting help. Do you have any of the original manuals? You are looking for a trouble shooting procedure.

If you getting power from shore power but not from the generator you could have a transer switch problem. If there is no power from either shore or gen than the first thing I would check is that the battery disconnect switches have not been engaged. In my old Bounder the switches were located over the door. I don't know where they are in your PA.

Yes, this is the order I would use:

1. Turn OFF and back ON the two breakers located on the generator itself. Restart generator.

2. If still no power to the house AND YOU ARE SAFE WORKING AROUND 120 VAC, with generator off and shore power off, remove the lid to the ATS (Automatic Transfer Switch). Start the generator. Check for 120 VAC on the "from generator" hot and neutral. If present, check at the hot and neutral on the "to house breaker box" side of the ATS.

3. If no power to the "from generator" hot and neutral, carefully check the connections between generator and house wiring. Could be nothing more than a loose wire nut.

Brett