ESSEXMOTORCAR

Slide Out Gear

Has anyone tried to replace the slide out gear on the bedroom roadside slide in a 2008 42 foot Camelot?

The only access is to crawl under the bed with 11 inches of clearance. Very hard to do. Any help would be appreciated....Allen

Has anyone tried to replace the slide out gear on the bedroom roadside slide in a 2008 42 foot Camelot?

The only access is to crawl under the bed with 11 inches of clearance. Very hard to do. Any help would be appreciated....Allen

Hi Allen,

Not familiar with your particular coach, but in our American Eagle there are panels under the mattress (as well as the side) that lift out for better access.

Good luck!

Hi Allen,

Not familiar with your particular coach, but in our American Eagle there are panels under the mattress (as well as the side) that lift out for better access.

Good luck!

Took panel off but still very hard to do Needto work with a mirror.. Thanks Allen (K1GSU)

I just did this today. I was at home. Mine is a Fleetwood but should be similar. I had to remove the matress and the platform cover of plywood to get to the gear. The pain is getting to some of the parts.