LivingLikeEachDayIsMyLast

An Atrocity Is About To Take Place

Hello Brother Veterans,

To say I'm ticked off at the president of this United States is a an understatement. I read in a newspaper a week or so ago that our president has a desire to add Jane Fonda to the list of greatest women of the century. From July of 1965 through August of 1966 I served this country diligently in Danang, Viet Nam.

I am proud that I was able to serve our country in a time of need. It is an insult and a slap in the face for anyone to want to honor an outright traitor to our nation especially in time of war. Many may have forgotten about Ms. Fonda's exploits in North Viet Nam, but I haven't & never will.

Just wondered what other vets thought about this subject.

W.Ott :rolleyes:

I agree with you 100%, However, my dear wife will argue the point with you. She's already had it out with me over Fonda. We decided to disagree and go about our business since we were coming at it from different angles. The good news is that the FMCA folks are smart enough to not invite Janey to a rally. Oh, well, feed her rice balls and ...

Ward

As a Navy Vet, I have always understood that the President is our Comander-in-Cheif. I have not always liked that person but do respect the office. This is the first time in my 73 years that I find it hard to keep that respect. I think that most everyone that reads this forum has served their country at some time and beleive that most feel the same as I. GOD Bless America and GOD Bless our Troops!

Guest Wayne77590

Information on Hanoi Janeon Truth or Fiction. An Hanoi Jane on snopes I don't like the witch. I have to say witch because I cannot pronounce my "Bs." When I was on a veterans "Run For The Wall" ride, we stopped in Mississippi. They had several "Walk Of Heroes" exhibits laid out. The last item in the walk were 3 square boxes about 1 square foot. They were wrapped in a golden paper, and marked in ink. One for the Dixie Chicks, one for Jane Fonda, and one for Michael Moore. We were shocked when we go to that exhibit and we asked what they were for. The people directing us through the exhibits stated, "In case anyone wants to spit on them." We did, and one of us asked, can we urinate on them. They said to come back after the close and they could be accommodating. As you may read, most of her "apologies" came during, or shortly after a filming - trying to sell herself in my opinion.

Hello Brother Veterans,

To say I'm ticked off at the president of this United States is a an understatement. I read in a newspaper a week or so ago that our president has a desire to add Jane Fonda to the list of greatest women of the century. From July of 1965 through August of 1966 I served this country diligently in Danang, Viet Nam.

I am proud that I was able to serve our country in a time of need. It is an insult and a slap in the face for anyone to want to honor an outright traitor to our nation especially in time of war. Many may have forgotten about Ms. Fonda's exploits in North Viet Nam, but I haven't & never will.

Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanoi Jane.

We used her face in our urinals as a target spot to hit. Nobody who was in any of the services likes her for her anti-American feelings during the war. Hench her crappy career came to an end. Guess ob never hear of Hanoi Jane and her war antics. It's just another way of proving he's dumber than a box of rocks. Maybe his career will end on this one also. None of us will ever forget the traitor. Time will never heal this one..

Angry also,

John

As a Navy Vet. I have always understood that the President is our Comander-in-Cheif. I have not always liked that person but do respect the office. This is the first time in my 73 years that I find it hard to keep that respect. I think that most everyone that reads this forum has served their country at some time and beleive that most feel the same as I. GOD Bless America and GOD Bless our Troops!
ditto herman........ john

I served 21 yrs in the Navy starting in 1970. One thing about Jane Fonda's trip to Hanoi Hilton during the war was she brought back with her several prisoners one was an American seaman that was captured after he had fallen off the back of a ship in the Gulf of Tonkin. This seaman memorized the name of every prisoner in the POW camp so when he returned to the US he recited the list of names which saved the lives of the prisoners in the camp because the North could not deny these POWs were being held. This seaman was also brought to the Paris Peace Talks to confront the North of they inhuman treatment of the POWs. What I wonder to this day if Jane was not a ploy in this whole thing and her anti-American stance was not just an act to get information about the treatment of POWs in the North. Has anyone ever thought of this? But at any rate whether her act was on purpose or not the fact that the seaman was brought back to the US did save countless lives and no I do not really care for her or her stand during the war, but is there more to the story than we really know? Just food for thought. Thank You All for Your Service to Our Country!

Check urbanlegends.com, factcheck.com, or other "urban legends" sites. The Jane Fonda story is not true and has been going around for years.

Guest Wayne77590

Snopes states that there is no dispute that she made the visit, and that her words were in support of the enemy.

That is traitorous.

She's a "w"itch. (I still can't pronounce my B's)

Read my previous post in this thread, please.

Guest BillAdams

Check out whether JF is actually being given the title of Greatest Women of the Century and you might understand the post above the one you just misunderstood.

Guest Wayne77590

Okay! Please correct me if I'm incorrect - our you think I'm incorrect, and I'll do the research that anyone can do.

Jane Fonda was celebrated as one of the 100 Women of the Century, 11 years ago by Barbara Walters. (Look it up - April 30, 1999 Ladies Home Journal) Not any president.

Jane Fonda went to Hanoi. During that visit:

• She praised the North Vietnamese
  • She posed for photos at a communist anti-aircraft gun emplacement
  • She made several radio broadcasts for the Communist North Vietnamese in which she called American military leaders "war criminals"
  • When POW's returned home describing their ordeal, she said Americans, "...should not hail the POW's as heroes, because they are hypocrites and liars"

The seaman's name that fell off the USS Canbera is: Douglas Hegdahl (Look it up)

Jerry Driscoll, as described in the dumb email going around, never stated the things described in the email.

Larry Carrigan describes his story in the email as a vivid imagination.

Dave Hoffman's information is true.

In 1988, in an interview with Barbara Walters, Jane Fonda issued what has been described as a "lame apology."

In her autobiography, she does not apologize for the trip, or her participation in the radio broadcasts. She just states she regrets the picture taken at the gun emplacement.

==============================

So, the facts are out there. All one has to do is research to get the facts. The first collection on the "truth" network begins in 1999, and has been re-written and forwarded all over the world many times.

It is so very unfortunate that people all over the world, have to take the written word, and embellish it to their personal desires.

And if it were a "ploy," don't you really believe that after all these years, any information about a "ploy" would have been published by now?

She did what she did, and in the eyes of many, many, military personnel, she is considered a traitor. I would'nt waist any saliva on her.

Guest BillAdams
To say I'm ticked off at the president of this United States is a an understatement. I read in a newspaper a week or so ago that our president has a desire to add Jane Fonda to the list of greatest women of the century

Here's the original post from December 2010 (not 1999)

Guest Wayne77590

And here is 1999 information:

"Oct 7, 2010 – The facts on the email rumor that Jane Fonda traveled to Vietnam during the Vietnam ... October 7, 2010 Update: A version of this eRumor have begun ... First, the "100 Women of the Century" was a project of the Ladies Home Journal and a TV special hosted by Barbara Walters that aired April 30, 1999. ..."

Isn't the Internet a wonderful research tool. People can find whatever they want on it.

Also, check Wiki Answers

Let's see. Who was Obama in 1999? The point is that this misinformation has been around since 1999. No president has honored "Hanoi Jane."

p.s., I don't like the man, but he just didn't do it.

Not to pour gas on a fire BUT let us not forget John Kerry !

Worked for a radio sta. years back. Later night Oldies.

Called her *witch one night and was called into the office Mon. am.

After being told to be careful about what I say on the air.

And being a Nam Vet.. The next show I said. " got called in for my words on J.F.

last week and was told to say I'm sorry. Because every female dog within 100 mi.

called up and where mad at me for putting her in the same class as them"

The X boss still shakes his head when it came up.

Hello Brother Veterans,

If it's true (doubtful, even the current administration is not that stupid). Decorum would prevent me from saying what I think!

As a Navy Vet, I have always understood that the President is our Comander-in-Cheif. I have not always liked that person but do respect the office. This is the first time in my 73 years that I find it hard to keep that respect. I think that most everyone that reads this forum has served their country at some time and beleive that most feel the same as I. GOD Bless America and GOD Bless our Troops!

Agreed, during my 10 years in the Navy I always considered the President to be my commander and Chief, glad I'm not in now as I refuse to recognize our current White House resident as my President.

Guest BillAdams

Anyone care to explain why anyone in this Country would refuse to recognize a duly elected official as their President? Take a look around the World. Do you find a better system anywhere? If so, please don't waste any time buying your plane ticket. In the meantime, President Obama is your leader, the leader of the free world and completely incapable of making even one single law! That's the job of Congress. If you don't like your leaders, they will only be hanging around for 2-6 years and you have the absolute obligation to vote them out if they fail to perform. Is this a great Country or what!? Everyone LOVES Obama and votes him into office. Now, everyone hates Obama because they are still unemployed. Can't blame anyone for thinking like that! However, do you know of anyone who offered up a better solution? Your only other choice was Palin and McCain. Personally, I think McCain would have been our next President right up until the day he announced his running mate. That very day I knew the race was over. Want to see your President in office for another 4 years? Just let Sarah be anywhere in the running by the time the elections draw near!

I served over thirty years in the United States Navy, retiring in 1993, don't think Fonda deserves anything from this country, I believe what she did and then what our President Bill Clinton did while in office shows just how much respect they have for this country.

I served over twenty years. I agree with you guys 100% and don't think Fonda deserves anything from this country. What she did was treasonous. We had a pot for the fighter crew who could take her out. I am proud that I too was able to serve our country in a time of need. I agree that it is an insult and a slap in the face for anyone to want to honor an outright traitor to our nation especially in time of war. Many may have forgotten about Ms. Fonda's exploits in North Viet Nam, but I haven't & never will. I fly the American flag 365 days a year and I am not ashamed to say GOD Bless America and GOD Bless our Troops!

Guest BillAdams

Just in case you missed the earlier postings from this old thread, this is a myth.

This President (no President) is naming Jane Fonda anything.

This has circulated for years after a TV show listed her the top 100 women. It was a TV show folks. That doesn't mean anyone has to like her, it just has nothing to do with the political process.

Guest Wayne77590

Let's get off this topic. The majority of information pertaining to Jane Fonda is embellished, then embellished again, and every couple years, more embellishment encourages more embellishment.

She stinks. Every veteran most likely believes that she stinks. But if you are going to post, at least post the facts.

As stated, - most everything is myth.

I still don't like her.

Guest BillAdams

It would be nice if a moderator simply choose to delete the topic. Not sure what it has to do with this forum or anything having to do with RVing.

my thanks was when they let all the draft dodgers come home(fonda was a trader) some one should have shot her earlyier.1968 was a long time ago. Still can,t leave it alone everyday it rears it,s head. all I ever wanted was to be treated with respect.