kwickes357@wctel.net

Dash lights not working on motorhome

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Yes, it could be a 12 VDC positive issue (switch, wiring, etc) but could just as easily be a ground issue.

Temporarily install a second ground to known good chassis ground to the ground side of the lights and see if that fixes it.

Brett

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Yes, it could be a 12 VDC positive issue (switch, wiring, etc) but could just as easily be a ground issue.

Temporarily install a second ground to known good chassis ground to the ground side of the lights and see if that fixes it.

Brett

Brett

Thanks for the reply. I have not taken it apart yet. Not sure if I have to do it from the dash by pulling it out or can it be reached from under the dash, any ideas?

Both Monaco's we owned had a removable panel on the dash above the instrument panel that gave easy access to the entire back of the instrument panel. That removable panel is easy to spot, rectangular about 12 inches by 30 inches on our current Windsor. Pull or pry the covers off the screw heads and unscrew it. There is plenty of spaghetti underneath! Enjoy!

Both Monaco's we owned had a removable panel on the dash above the instrument panel that gave easy access to the entire back of the instrument panel. That removable panel is easy to spot, rectangular about 12 inches by 30 inches on our current Windsor. Pull or pry the covers off the screw heads and unscrew it. There is plenty of spaghetti underneath! Enjoy!

Tom, we have had two Monacos. I like to look at the Fuse and relay panel found in front of the front drivers wheel. Everything is soo perfect. Them look under the dash panel. Every wire is 2 to 3 feet long,except the one you need. That is the one that is so short you can barely move it. Spagetti is the perfect word for it.

Director, if your switch is like mine it is just inside the dash, like Tom said, and is easy to remove. To pull the pin(knob) there is a button on the side of the switch. Press the button then try to pull the pin out. Don't get frustrated, it will come out. Then remove the nut on the face of the dash and the switch will be loose and you can remove it. Make the wire locations and take the switch to your parts house to match it with a new one. By the way, look at the back of your switch and check the reostate(?). Check and see if there might be some corrosion. This might be your only problem.

GOOD LUCK, and Happy Travels

Herman