benny@waskomtexas.com

New Members, Roadtrek Owner

We are new members. We have owned a Roadtrek 190 for the past two years. We would like to get aquatinted with other Roadtrek or Class "B" owners. We see them on the road from time to time, but only once in an RV park where we could get to talk to them. We have never been to a rally, but are interested in attending. We live in East Texas.

As we travel we stay at RV parks, Wal-Mart parking lots and friends homes. We do not stay in parks much, because we usually move on the next morning. If we are in a park we usually hook up to their electric. We usually need a dump station about every three days and take on water. A $20 to $30 park fee is a pretty good amount of money for no more electricity than we use. We have been using the park showers, but I used our MH shower yesterday for the first time and it worked great. One more reason not to pay a park fee. I am not all that tight with money, just don't see where a park is better than Wal-Mart or a truck stop. About a month ago we spent two nights in the parking lot at Moody Gardens, Galveston, Texas.

Recently some friends that we met last year in a park near Tyler, Texas come by and spent 4 nights parked in our driveway. With our small rigs we could easily stay with other "B" owners from time to time and say ourselves some money. We have water, electric and a dump. Anyway that could come later, let us know when there is a rally near our location.

FMCA does have a chapter just for you, called Roadtrek International, for Roadtrek owners. Use the FMCA chapter search (see link below) to find out more information about this group. In the keywords field, type "roadtrek" and then search. You can ask to receive information about the chapter, or you may contact the chapter directly.

http://www.fmca.com/index.php/chapters/chapter-search

1 May 09 7:35

Hello, Friends!

Welcome to the FMCA Family! I can certainly agree with the idea of joining the Roadtrek International Chapter: my own Chapter memberships have certainly added to my FMCA experience.

Another opportunity to hobnob with fellow coach owners is to participate in a nearby Chapter Rally. With a tad over five hundred Chapters in our "little club", there is usually a Rally going on almost any time of the year. Also, remember that more than one hundred and fifty of our Chapters have their own Web sites, with detailed information about where the Rallies are held, and how to contact the Rallymasters. You don't have to be a member of a specific Chapter to attend that Chapter's Rally, either.

"Happy Cybercamping!"

Michael Canode, F13059S

There are a lot of "Type B" motor homes on the road, how do we get in touch with them. This forum is not very active. I joined FMCA and Roadtrek International to make contact with other type B owners. Who knows of an active forum?

There are a lot of "Type B" motor homes on the road, how do we get in touch with them. This forum is not very active. I joined FMCA and Roadtrek International to make contact with other type B owners. Who knows of an active forum?

Rolacoy,

Welcome to the FMCA Community! Looking for an active forum? Why not help make this one more active? There are lots of people reading here, give them something to talk about. Find a forum that is of interest to you and join the conversation. Post some questions and start a conversation. You'll get out of the forum what you put into it! As you said, there are lots of Class B motor homes on the road. Help get them talking right here.

Start by telling the rest of us what is unique about Class B travel. Maybe start a Blog with some of your adventures.

This is a relatively new website so you can help make it successful! :rolleyes:

WHAT IS ROADTREK CYBERRALLY? I haven't decided to join the Roadtrek FMCA yet or not. I heard about a Roadtrek Cyberrally--but can't find any evidence of it.

If the Cyberrally IS active? it apparently includes numerous Roadtrek owners who do respond to questions with fixes--rather quickly. But where is it located please?

Hello and welcome from another "B" owner. I don't have a Roadtrek but last weekend did a joint rally between my FMCA Chapter (Constitution Cruisers) and the Roadtrek International Chapter. We went to a CG in Conneticut and had a great time. What kinds of questions do you have?

I belong to several different FORUMS and try to get involved as much as possible. With so many FORUMS it is difficult to get involved in some discussions because I am only interested in the CLASS B as well. The Roadtrek Chapters seem to be exclusive to the Roadtrek owners so that leaves me out to some extent ...

I have found a CLASS B only FORUM that is fairly active. PM me if you'd like more information on them.

There is also a CLASS B discussion thread located on another FORUM and this group also has an annual Class B Rally. This year it is being hosted in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I have registered for this event and will be discussing with them the possibility of forming a CLASS B RV CLUB. If you would like more information on them, again please PM me.

Class B RV's are becoming more popular as older RVers decide to downsize and others realize the convenience of travelling in a small RV, particularly with the higher costs of fuel. I would love to form a CLASS B Chapter here as well. But so far I haven't received much feed back from other Class B owners. There are so many chapters with so many different interests.

"Rolacoy" ... you mentioned that you like to boondock or dry camp a lot. I am in the same situation. In fact, I have NOT camped in a campground once in the 1 1/2 years that I have been travelling in my RV. I have joined a site called BOONDOCKERS WELCOME. Member can offer FREE parking for a night or two to other members on their property. I've used this service several time now and it is great. There are over 700 locations around North America right now. Here is a link to their web site: http://www.boondockerswelcome.com

SAFE AND HAPPY TRAVELS

We have a 2004 Popular Roadtrek but have never boondocked since both of us use CPAPs. We don't want to run the generator at night. Does anyone have a solution? We're looking at the E-Trek for this reason. Thanks!

I

We have a 2004 Popular Roadtrek but have never boondocked since both of us use CPAPs. We don't want to run the generator at night. Does anyone have a solution? We're looking at the E-Trek for this reason. Thanks!

Hi Smokey2 ...

I use the CPAP as well and I boondock ALL the time. I've never been to a campground. After some research I found that my CPAP unit can use a 12 V adaptor cord and I plug it directly into the 12 v receptacle at the back of my unit. I've never had a problem. I also watch the TV for several hours and on occasion will use the furnace which has the 12V fan at night as well.

I've run the CPAP all night ... in some cases as much as 8-9 hours and never ran into a problem. Hope this helps.

Karsty

Rolacoy,

Welcome to the FMCA Community! Looking for an active forum? Why not help make this one more active? There are lots of people reading here, give them something to talk about. Find a forum that is of interest to you and join the conversation. Post some questions and start a conversation. You'll get out of the forum what you put into it! As you said, there are lots of Class B motor homes on the road. Help get them talking right here.

Start by telling the rest of us what is unique about Class B travel. Maybe start a Blog with some of your adventures.

This is a relatively new website so you can help make it successful! smile.gif

TButler - you prompted me to create an account and make a comment - so thank you!

I'm a new Roadtrek 210 owner - and about to start a 5 month trip to Alaska and Canada startin in Mid-May.

Not really planned much - going to follow the standard tourist routes and take our time....

Would love to meet other Roadtrek / Class B owners - tried to find rallies but nothing listed for this area? Any suggestions?

TButler - you prompted me to create an account and make a comment - so thank you!

I'm a new Roadtrek 210 owner - and about to start a 5 month trip to Alaska and Canada startin in Mid-May.

Not really planned much - going to follow the standard tourist routes and take our time....

Would love to meet other Roadtrek / Class B owners - tried to find rallies but nothing listed for this area? Any suggestions?

"BangersMash" ... what area are you referring to? I am attending a Class B Rally in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan May 16-19. There are about 40 Class B owners with over 60 people attending last time I looked. I am in the Niagara Falls, Ontario area ... where are you coming from?? Do you plan on coming through or near Niagara Falls? If so ... and I am around I would be more than happy to meet you. For that matter you would be more than welcome to park here for a few days if you needed to.

I am planing an Alaska Road Trip as well with plans to go to the North West Territories and Western Canada as well. Tentatively planned for 2015 however.

Enjoy your travels.

"BangersMash" ... what area are you referring to? I am attending a Class B Rally in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan May 16-19. There are about 40 Class B owners with over 60 people attending last time I looked. I am in the Niagara Falls, Ontario area ... where are you coming from?? Do you plan on coming through or near Niagara Falls? If so ... and I am around I would be more than happy to meet you. For that matter you would be more than welcome to park here for a few days if you needed to.

I am planing an Alaska Road Trip as well with plans to go to the North West Territories and Western Canada as well. Tentatively planned for 2015 however.

Enjoy your travels.

Thanks Karsty - where would I find that rally listing please? I went to the Region 8 section from the FMCA home site and it took me to the website that listed RVs for sale but not rallies? I may be getting confused of course...

I'm going to Alaska first, then will head East across Canada - so may ping you when I get over to Ontario.

2015 is a long time off - sounds like you are a big planner!

Thanks Karsty - where would I find that rally listing please? I went to the Region 8 section from the FMCA home site and it took me to the website that listed RVs for sale but not rallies? I may be getting confused of course...

I'm going to Alaska first, then will head East across Canada - so may ping you when I get over to Ontario.

Hi BangersMash ...

The B-10 Rally information is located at: http://b-rally.org/index.htm

It sounds like a great group of folks. I am also looking at another B Group called: BEE Social Group. I found them on their Facebook Page. They just had a rally in Texas last week and are planning their next one for September in Kansas. I'm planning tentatively to attend that one as well. Several of the members belong to both groups.

Whenever you plan to be in the Niagara area just give me a shout ... be glad to meet you and compare and share some notes on the joys and challenges of B RVing. :)

I am looking for some help. I use a CPAP to sleep and for that reason I bought  the Res Med 12 volt converter to plug into the 12v outlet in our bedroom unfortunately this will only power her machine for 4 or 5 hours at best.

I presently have 2 Delco 12 volt deep cycle house batteries, and may have room to add one more?

Thanks Karen

One more of the same battery should add two to two and a half hours based on the reported time. I'm surprised that unit uses that much current. Are you doing that much boondocking that you must  use a 12 volt supply? Or is it only for safety sake?

Karen,

Look at the overall size of the battery box.  Height as well as width and length. Then find the best deep cycle batteries that will fit.  Consider both 12 VDC (but only true deep cycle, not marine) as well as 6 VDC batteries wired in series (series/parallel if more than two 6 VDC batteries.

And, if the battery box is hard to access for checking water, consider AGM batteries.