jgerkin4373@gmail.com

Campgrounds near San Fernando, Calif.

Welcome to sunny California. Sadly, Los Angeles has minimal accommodations for RVers. Most of the few central RV parks are really seedy. In Northridge, very close to Panorama city (about 15 min on surface streets) there is Walnut RV park. The park is clean and paved, across the street from the Fashion Center, a major indoor mall, close to markets and in the center of a populated town. It does border a less than wonderful neighborhood on one side, across from the train tracks which are very close. The reviews in RVparkreviews show a less than friendly staff. The park is about 2 miles from my house, it is clean, it is close to where you want to be, but as noted, has some down sides.

A little North, on Highway 5, behind Six Flags Magic Mountain is Valencia Travel Village. This is a lovely large grassy park. It would be my first choice. However it will be a 30 min to 45 minute drive to Panorama, about 15 miles. In rush hour this could even take an hour. Nice park, with pool, park like setting, nearby shopping, nice neighborhood, no trains.

Just a little farther up I-5 is Castaic Lake RV park. It in close to but not on the reservoir/lake. Nice park, adds about 5 to 10 minutes to the Travel Village drive. Also in a nice neighborhood, no trains, nice place for an extended stay. Add the benefit of some good fishing.

Hope this helps.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays