Sign in to follow this  
Barbcollins1@yahoo.com

Learning How Things Work On A Winnebago Adventurer

I negotiated a deal on an Adventurer today and the bad part is that the owner died. I have nobody to teach me how things work on it. What would be my best way to start? Never could get the TVs to turn on. Tried auxiliary power, gen was running, A/C on, other appliances work. Where to begin? The manual was used, to no avail. I seriously doubt if both TVs are inoperable on this modern, low-mileage unit.

Hi BarbRN,

Is the coach connected to shore power? If not, the TVs may need the inverter to be on. I do not know the details of where these things are on your coach. Turn on the inverter and see if that makes a difference.

Hi Barb,

Don't feel bad about the previous owner not being able to help. The previous owner of my unit actually had no idea how to work most of the features of the unit. Go figure.

The TV in the back is usually a 12v unit. There is a switch on the lower part of the cabinet to turn on the power to it.

The front TV will not work on the built in inverter. It does not have enough power. As said above, connect to shore power and see what happens. Check breakers. The front TV is plugged into an outlet inside of the cabinet to the right of the TV in the back.

Barb, find your closest RV dealer and go ask for their help. Check with Winnebago on line they might have a vedio for your coach. Give their tech dept. a call. As you can see in the forum, RVer's are wonderful people willing to help any way they can.

You have many new thing that are going to happen with your coach. Some good and some not so good, but the nice thing is that every time you make a mistake that is something you will never forget.

Just start talking to people you know and you will be suprised how many have RV's them selves.

Have fun with your coach and keep looking to the forum when you need help.

One other suggestion. You might check the FMCA membership directory on line here at FMCA.com to see if there is someone in your area with a similar coach who might be willing to come take a look and walk you through some of the basics of your coach. You can specify your coach model, city and state or zip code which might be enough to get you several close members you might try to request help. Go to Members in the top menu line on this page and under that you will find Member Directory. It comes up with a page with search criteria, you can select as few or as many categories as you want.

Guest Wayne77590

First, Happy New Year.

Now I really don't like starting with this comment, but sometimes it is necessary.

Here goes: Is the television plugged in? I'm laughing, but I have to ask because many people run other things going down the highway on the inverter, or when boondocking, and like me the will unplug the television to keep it from draining the batteries.

All the suggestions above are good ones. One other thing to check are the GFI outlets. Since all of the receptacles are wired in series, if one of them trips you will loose power to the other ones. There are two buttons in the middle of the GFI receptacle. Push the test one and the other should snap out. If no snap, it is probably tripped or no power. Push the reset one in and it will click in place and you should have power again if there is power to the receptacle.

Not much of a help, but the other posters have hit on most of the situations.

My unit has a single pole (light) switch above the driver to turn off the power to the receptacle that the TV, VCR, DVD are plugged into. Next to that is the 12 volt switch for the antenna booster.