deallsworth1@yahoo.com

Motor Home storage

I am looking for some help..I will be putting my motor home in storage in Florida for the summer months.Where can I find information on how prepare the unit for storage in that heat. I will be putting it under a roof of some type.

Any info. would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave Allsworth

I am looking for some help..I will be putting my motor home in storage in Florida for the summer months.Where can I find information on how prepare the unit for storage in that heat. I will be putting it under a roof of some type.

Any info. would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave Allsworth

Dave If you haven't done it before turn off your refirgerator, dry it out and leave the doors open. Also make sure the shelves are clean and dry. If you have your insurance through GMAC call them up and put the coach in storage. This can save you money. Also be sure and top off all fuel tanks and put in a fuel additive to keep fuel fresh and reduce moisture. It would be good to have the oil and filters changed. After you put in an additive be sure and run your engine and gen. to make sure they get some in the carbs or injecters. Since you are in Florida you might find some sort of dehumidfier.

Good luck. I know you will get lot of help with your question.

OK Herman, should I take the Rum out of the coach also, would it spoil?

Nevermind, will drink it so as to avoid that problem :rolleyes:

Good advice on the fuel for the gas rigs. For diesel might consider adding Pri-D or other C-tane additive.

For diesel might consider adding Pri-D or other C-tane additive.

For storing diesel fuel, best advice is, as you say, to completely fill the tank.

Also, add a Biocide if storing the fuel more than 3 months to prevent algae growth. Get it at most any marine store, as boats have the same fuel storage issues as do we. Here is one: http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/store...9&langId=-1

AND, if you filled up in the summer/fall (i.e. summer grade/#2 diesel) use an anti-gel additive to bring the fuel more in line with what you would get were you to buy fuel this time of year (i.e. winter grade/mix of #2 and #1 diesel with lower gel point than straight #2 diesel).

Brett

It isn't bad to use a fuel additive all year round. It helps control moisture. If most people are like my wife and I we don't always know when we will be going out the next time, 2 days, 2 weeks or 2 months.

One nice thing about rum, if you have a gas rig and you are afraid of it spoiling pour it in the gas tank. HAPPY ENGINES are always nice to have.

Happy RVing.