Sign in to follow this  
LivingLikeEachDayIsMyLast

Owning An Older Model Motorhome Has Advantages

The local county tax office changed my thoughts about upgrading to a new or newer model motorhome. I own a 1995 Fleetwood Southwind 33 footer with 42,000 miles. When I received my property tax notice this year, I just about fell out of my chair. The amount was $65.00. When I questioned the tax office, I was told that a motorhome over fifteen years old got the lowered tax automatically. In fact a boat, motor & trailer over twenty years old has zero property tax. Living in a time when everything seems to cost more, it is refreshing to see something cost less. Have a great day! :rolleyes:

I knew you were from SC as soon as I saw the post. I only pay a license fee in Ohio, that is the same for a car. Gas is taxed higher here. We do not pay on the vehicle value. Now I know SC is a great place to live but this is one of the disadvantages.

If you want high taxes move to Connecticut, They tax everything and then some. I pay $1,000.00 yearly for a 2003 Pace arrow 38 ft. that is town tax. The state also has a high yearly reg. fee. :rolleyes: