ramblinboy

Looking for Best Barbecue

I'm native Texan and have tried them all .. just about :D ... however, George & I still agree that Bennetts BBQ in both Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge is some of the very best ribs we've ever had. And that is literally a hobby of ours .. eating at every rinky dink, homestyle or chain wherever we travel.

Mmmmm .. :lol:

30424_1204713537590_1821201557_399637_6829613_n.jpg

I still maintain that the best BBQ is in the eye of the beholder. If I like it, it doesn't mean you will. My preference is a dry rub slow cooked and no sauce. The next guy will prefer drowned in sauce. You just have to try the place and decide for yourself.

Look this fine country over and you will find a better place just over the next hill. The grass is going to be better over the fence. This why we all take to the road and travel this country of ours. I never feel that I have found the best food. If I had there wouldn't be any reason to try the next place. So keep looking. I will try lots of the places that have been posted here.I know that some day we are going to turn a corner and see some place that I will say "I know that place, someone posted it on the Forum, let check it out." Keep posting and I will try my best to keep eating.

Happy New Year to all and Happy Travels and Eating.

Born and raised in Los Angeles, but have been going to Texas for the last 10 years with a company CC, and try them all in Austin, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas areas and become really picky on the BBQ Sauce, but it all starts with the rub.

As Bill says, and what for 1st is a little roadside place the looks like grampa built it over the weekend, usually has no parallel walls and a floor to match, and when you walk in it smells like it just burned down (anyone around Burnet, TX will know this place). A sign that says "we process game" gets another 25 points.

For the more "normal" places:

Any Rudy's in Austin, none in San Antonio

County Line- Austin

B&B Smokehouse- San Antonio

Luling BBQ- Houston