Sign in to follow this  
petermartinu270

Motorhome Front Bra Replacement

I am considering modifying my coach's headlights this spring at Xtreme Paint & Graphics in Nacogdoches, TX. But, the modification will render my current bra obsolete. I really like using the bra for protection, especially during long highway trips. Has anyone purchased or replaced their front bra that can offer a place to get a new bra made?

Before we set out for Alaska in 2006 we called Coastline Cover Company and made an appointment to bring our motor home to their facility. They hooked us up to electric and we spent the night. The next morning they went to work and by late afternoon we had a bra for our motor home and our toad. They gave us excellent service and we have a very good set of bras for our vehicles.

I am considering modifying my coach's headlights this spring at Xtreme Paint & Graphics in Nacogdoches, TX. But, the modification will render my current bra obsolete. I really like using the bra for protection, especially during long highway trips.

Has anyone purchased or replaced their front bra that can offer a place to get a new bra made?

Check out mcdinnovations.com [Motor Coach Designs Innovations]

They are in McKinney, TX. If you have your coach done in Nacogdoches it would be a couple of hours up to McKinney. They have parking for customers on site. They might be able to incorporate your old bra with the new one. Check them out .

Check out mcdinnovations.com [Motor Coach Designs Innovations]

They are in McKinney, TX. If you have your coach done in Nacogdoches it would be a couple of hours up to McKinney. They have parking for customers on site. They might be able to incorporate your old bra with the new one. Check them out .

Thank you all for your recommendations. I'll try MCD as they seem to be the practical location as I'll be closer by than Calif.

I just called Foretravel of Texas & MCD Innovations and neither makes the front bra any more. Any more sources out there? I'm going to research the Northern Indiana area for a nice Amish family that may want to takle this job...Know anyone?

I am considering modifying my coach's headlights this spring at Xtreme Paint & Graphics in Nacogdoches, TX. But, the modification will render my current bra obsolete. I really like using the bra for protection, especially during long highway trips.

Has anyone purchased or replaced their front bra that can offer a place to get a new bra made?

Check with Lazydays RV in Seffner (Tampa) Florida....they have an on-site company that can custom make your bra to fit perfect. I can't remember the name of the company, but they do nice work like custom floor mats etc.

Being new to the Class A owners group, I have seen coaches with a clear plastic "bra". I like these because you can still see the front of the coach design but was wondering if it is difficult to clean road dirt from behind and wasn't sure about the method used to fasten it to the coach. Any opinions for or against on these and why?

Thank you for any and all replies. Take care.

Rich,

Are you asking about the 3M clear plastic film that is applied directly to the paint or the clear lexan/plastic pieces that stand off from the front of the coach?

The 3M product looks good for a couple of years and then starts cracking and yellowing. VERY difficult to remove without damaging the paint underneath.

The stand off products usually have quick releases to allow quick removal for cleaning.

As to whether these products are a good idea is very dependent on where you drive. If in areas where there is a lot of sand or gravel on the road, probably a worthwhile consideration.

Of course another option for probably the same or less money would be to have the lower portion of the nose repainted every couple of years.

I have personally seen two coaches with the 3M front "invisible mask". On both it had been installed 8-10 years ago. It was a God-awful mess. Cracked, yellowed and ugly and impossible to remove. Decal remover would not budge it, heat would not soften it and it laughed at a pressure washer. One owner decided to just live with it, the other had color matched Rhino-Coat bed lined sprayed overt it at a cost around $3000.00. Oh 3M's answer? Its out of warranty, sorry!

As Brett noted. Where you travel or live will dictate what is best for you. I have the 3M film and will not replace it...love bug season is coming. And they do a lot off damage to 3M. Will probably have my front re-painted and 2 or 3 clear coats applied. Paint, 3M or Lexan. None off it is cheap!

Carl C.

10' AMC Tradition 45'

Jeep 2 door

Miss Lucky....the dog.

Galveston Island, TX.

Currently at ranch, Gladewater, TX.

Active RV out of Yuma, AZ is a great place to get your custom RV bra. They have been around for over 10 years and really pay attention to every detail.They are easy to work with and answered all my questions. They have a great website and you can get a quote at https://www.activervupholstery.com  What I really like is that my 3M covering is starting to crack, so the bra covers it up.

The 3M material is great and does what it was designed to do....BUT...It is a maintenance item!!! It must be removed at some point prior to ten years and replaced. I was never intended to be a permanent fixture. Of course no one tells you that.  On cars it is not such a project and the wear and tear is very different. Another thing it can be polished and it can be waxed, neither is done very often. The hood on my F350 looks like the devil after 14 years, gonna be a mess to remove, but it did its job.

B