Sign in to follow this  
fredkeen@ymail.com

Super Bowl Ice in Dallas

Hope none of ya are in town for the Super Bowl. It is really a cold, frozen mess here in the DFW area!

As an aside, the cabbies are on strike. The DFW airport board started a new practice allowing CNG powered cabs to go to the front of all the lines; Of course, the 90% cabs who aren't became understandably upset!

While the coach is winterized, I still put a small ceramic heater inside with all the cabinet doors open.

:rolleyes: Forecast is for 9 degrees tonight ... BRRRRR.

Wow, that is cold. We see that there is a "Day After Tomorrow" snowstorm moving through the US and bad weather throughout. Heard that forecast for game day is around the 20 mark. But it is played under a dome inside, right! Here in CA it is to go down to 34 for a couple of nights-too cold for heat pumps to operate. Went down the road and topped up propane tank.

Really happy not to be in Dallas tonight. We are at 18 right now in Kerrville and looking for a low of 11 tonight. But we are not having any snow or freezing rain. I just talked to my grandson at Great Lakes, Illinois (Navy A school) and he is experiencing his first blizzard. Quite an experience for a guy raised in central Texas.

Good luck to everyone in the Dallas area and be careful out there.

And from extreme south Texas, Edinburg, the low last night was 32 with 22 expected tonight. We may even get some snow Wednesday night. We're racing to get all our plants covered. Farmers here are facing disaster, the citrus and sugar cane crops are threatened. We'll still have lows at 32 on Friday so this blasted cold weather isn't going away any too soon.

I have the furnace set at 55 in the motor home which is parked next to our house. I have a remote thermometer in the motor home so I can monitor the temperature from inside the house. The cabinets with water pipes are open and the winter heating package for the waste and fresh water tanks is turned on.

Down here we really don't complain, all we have to do is turn on the Weather Channel to see what we're missing! Most of us can still recall the feel of the snow shovel in our hands and the crisp sting of snowflakes on the face.

Think warm thoughts!

And from extreme south Texas, Edinburg, the low last night was 32 with 22 expected tonight. We may even get some snow Wednesday night. We're racing to get all our plants covered. Farmers here are facing disaster, the citrus and sugar cane crops are threatened. We'll still have lows at 32 on Friday so this blasted cold weather isn't going away any too soon.

I have the furnace set at 55 in the motor home which is parked next to our house. I have a remote thermometer in the motor home so I can monitor the temperature from inside the house. The cabinets with water pipes are open and the winter heating package for the waste and fresh water tanks is turned on.

Down here we really don't complain, all we have to do is turn on the Weather Channel to see what we're missing! Most of us can still recall the feel of the snow shovel in our hands and the crisp sting of snowflakes on the face.

Think warm thoughts!

Tom; This is my invitation for you and Louise to come on up to McKinney for a visit. You might need to set your thermostat at 90 and hope it will get to 60 within 4 to 5 hours. Right now it is 18 degrees here and our power has been off 2 times so far.

Thanks for the invite Herman. We'll wait for a while before heading your way! We frequently head up US 75 north out of Dallas. I don't think we are going that direction this spring but perhaps next fall. I'll certainly keep your invitation in mind as we travel.

Guest Wayne77590

It is 11:24 p.m. and 35.1 degrees outside.

Come on this is Texas. Cold sucks.

Ya'll up in Dallas area, just wait until tomorrow. That's when the snow is supposed to move in.

I have heard talk that Sunday may have a "lock-out" at the football field. Remember when this happened in PA? So the game MAY be played Mon, Tue, or whenever.

About 6" inches of snow at the house (30 mile No of Dallas) and 4-5" in town BUT it's 10:30AM and still snowing!!!

The extended forecast for the next 5 days is not promising for any serious thawing.

The Rio Grande Valley doesn't need anymore freezing WX, the fruit prices are high enough and the farmers take it on the chin!

Herman, if the roads ever clear we'll get together somewhere along Hwy380,,,

Fred

About 6" inches of snow at the house (30 mile No of Dallas) and 4-5" in town BUT it's 10:30AM and still snowing!!!

The extended forecast for the next 5 days is not promising for any serious thawing.

The Rio Grande Valley doesn't need anymore freezing WX, the fruit prices are high enough and the farmers take it on the chin!

Herman, if the roads ever clear we'll get together somewhere along Hwy380,,,

Fred

10-4