lee.ellis@comcast.net

Thetford Aria Toilet Flushes on its Own.

Have a 2003 Monaco Diplomat with a Thetford Aria Toilet. When we travel across county it sometimes will just start flushing on its own. It has overflowed twice. It seems to be related to altitude but not sure. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem. Talked to Thetford and they say replace the control board but would not tell me if it was a on going problem. My email is lee.ellis@comcast.net

This toilet really is electronically controlled, it has an electric solinoid valve for water and the controller assembly package which tells the solinoid to open and close. I assume Thetford would be correct, I have had issues with their support personally, but they always worked through it and sent additional parts if needed.

As far as weather this is a known issue, no idea, maybe someone else will post.

I had the same problem with the Thetford Aria Toilet in my `04 coach. A new control board solved the problem. Thetford tecks knew exactly what part I needed. This must be a common problem. I don`t think altitude has anything to do with the malfunction. It`s an electrical problem in the control board.

Good Luck.

We had the same problem - changed the controller which fixed the problem and to be extra safe I installed an on/off switch for the 12v power to the toilet - also moved the controller from under the back of the toilet where moisture can occur to the wall in the bathroom.

Mike McEvoy

2004 MADP 4301