Sign in to follow this  
dgo1369

RV Friendly Gas Stations

I would like to encourage everyone who travels and gets gas (not diesel) to support www.rvfriendlygas.com in the same manner as they support www.rvparkreviews.com.

This site was started recently by a fellow forum member responding to the needs of those who suggested what we are looking for when trying to find a service station that allows us easy access without the worry of having to unhitch our TOAD.

Diesels generally don't have this problem as there is normally a separate place for them to refuel. However, if you have a diesel and want to submit your info, I'm sure it would be welcome. I will post this on a couple other forums as well.

PS I just checked the site and there is a place for the submitter to add if it has diesel as well.

Guest BillAdams

I think the exact opposite is true for diesel owners.

If you take the basic truck stop out of the equation, finding a diesel pump at a regular gas station is very difficult and getting in and out is generally even worse.

Since the take-over of Flying J by Pilot their prices are now 10-30 cents higher than the surrounding local gas stations and we try to use these as often as possible but finding a good one is very difficult.

Maybe your friend could expand the options to include diesel.

I would be happy to post these locations as we find them.

I think the exact opposite is true for diesel owners.

If you take the basic truck stop out of the equation, finding a diesel pump at a regular gas station is very difficult and getting in and out is generally even worse.

Since the take-over of Flying J by Pilot their prices are now 10-30 cents higher than the surrounding local gas stations and we try to use these as often as possible but finding a good one is very difficult.

Maybe your friend could expand the options to include diesel.

I would be happy to post these locations as we find them.

Bill,

As far as I'm aware, there is no restriction regarding gas or diesel, even though it was started in response to a number of us grousing about not being able to get big rigs into pumps where the pumps point straight at the station. An enterprising man from Canada just magically created the site and now I'm just trying to get the word out to all. To me it's self-serving, and I don't mean at the pump!

You are correct about hard to get a large diesel into a regular pump at many places. Most that I've seen are on the end pump and sometimes that helps. However, I feel your pain!

PS I just checked the site and there is a place for the submitter to add if it has diesel as well.

Guest BillAdams
Bill,

As far as I'm aware, there is no restriction regarding gas or diesel, even though it was started in response to a number of us grousing about not being able to get big rigs into pumps where the pumps point straight at the station. An enterprising man from Canada just magically created the site and now I'm just trying to get the word out to all. To me it's self-serving, and I don't mean at the pump!

You are correct about hard to get a large diesel into a regular pump at many places. Most that I've seen are on the end pump and sometimes that helps. However, I feel your pain!

I saw the diesel option on the site but I am concerned that this only means the station sells diesel not that the diesel pumps are accessible.