Sign in to follow this  
hermanmullins

Admiralty RV Resort San Antonio, Texas

We just had a rally at Admiralty RV resort. The park is very old. They had plenty of spaces but they were very narrow.

The ladies at check-in were very nice.

However, the manager was a total jerk. If you don't come into their registration area correctly they jump you and tell you that you must move your coach or they will not register you. One of our members drove the wrong direction in the park and was jumped on by the manager and then banned from the park for life.

The manager's feelings are, if you don't like it lump it. Members of the Board of Directors for Lone Star Chapter decided that they are on our do-not-stay list. Our chapter paid the park close to $4,000 for the spaces. Now they will never get another penny from Lone Star.

When asked who the owner of the park was, I was told "I'm the manager." I then said, "Who owned the park" and was told "the owner doesn't want to talk to you." If I was him I would not want guests talking to the owner, either.

Enough said. Bad park.

Happy to see that you took the timeto let others know where to stay away from. Need more comments onsome of these parks out there, many are so run down, but you don't know it untill you get there.

Take care

We just had a rally at Admiralty RV resort. The park is very old. They had plenty of spaces but they were very narrow.

The ladies at check in were very nice.

However the manager was a total jerks. If you don't come into there registration area correctly they jump you and tell you that you must move your coach or they will not register you. One of our members drove the wrong direction in the park and was jumped on by the manager and then banned from the park for life.

The managers feelings if you don't like it lump it. Members of the Board of Directors for Lone Star Chapter decided that they are on our do not stay list. Our chapter paid the park Close to $4,000.00 for the spaces. Now they will never get another penny from Lone Star.

When asked who the owner of the park I was told "I'm the manager". I then said "Who owned the park" and was told the "the owner doesn't want to talk to you". If I was him I would not want guest talking to the owner either.

Enough said. Bad park.

I am glad to hear this. Our son and his family are stationed at SA and we have a trip planned there soon. I was thinking about staying at the admirality but will not now. I read in CG directory about River Ranch RV in New Braunfels...sounds nice. Do you know anything about it? Paul

Herman,

Thanks for the info on this park. I will definitely avoid it if they have that kind of attitude. If you want to try a great park checkout Buckhorn Lake RV Resort in Kerrville. We just had a WesTex chapter rally there in January and it was very enjoyable - nice spaces, nice people, beautiful views.

Guest BillAdams

Be sure to post your comments at www.rvparkreviews.com and check this site before visiting unknown campgrounds for important activities.

There are a couple of reviews of that campground and they are not very good either. Remember, however, that people are much more likely to voice a complaint than make a post about a good experience so this site will always lean toward the negative experience.

Guest Wayne77590

X2 on RV Park Reviews.

I'm retired military so I can stay at Fort Sam Houston. However, on those occasions where I do not make reservations in time I stay at Braunig Lake RV Park. Yes there have been some negative reviews, but our experiences there on four occasions have been pleasant. They are a Passport American CG so ask for the premium side. Spaces are wider and nicer. Activites are good in the park. Personnel have been pleasant to work with.

Braunig Lake RV Park is about 10 miles from the Alamo, 15 minute ride.

Wayne,

We have a WesTex chapter rally scheduled at Braunig Lake RV Park next month. We have never stayed there but we did drop in to look it over in October 2010. It looks like a nice park and you have a range of sites available from standard to premium. As you say, they are a Passport America park and they will be giving any Passport America member those rates during the rally.

It's nice to hear you have had good experiences there.

To all that have read and responded to this post, THANK YOU.

I have always gone out of my way to follow the rule, "If you do something wrong, I will tell you and If you do something GOOD, I will tell the world." This time I told the managers what was wrong and now I am telling the world.

YES there are some great RV parks all over the place. Some big and some small but they all do what is necessary to make your visit pleasant.

A few that I know:

Shallow Creek, Gladewater, Texas. They can make Good BBQ

Canton Civic Center, Canton, Texas (for rallies)

Coffee Creek RV Resort, Santos, Texas. Great family.

Hill Country RV Resort, New Braunfels, Texas

KOA Durant, Durant, OK. Charlie will bend over backwards for you.

Ceder Oaks RV Park, Grove, Oklahoma. A little dusty some times but nice park and people.

Guest Wayne77590

Herman,

You done good. It's always nice to hear the most current information on a park. Regarding RV Park Reviews, if I only see one bad entry I just take it with a grain of salt, but if I see several bad entries, then my mind says there must be something wrong. I also understand that reviews can be "salted" by competitors, so it is always nice to see a report on the forums.

Thanks.

Leary,

The Texas Boomers had a rally there and they got the premium sites at the PA Rate. The premium section is the way to go. The first two rows near the pond are extra wide. They are actually about two sites with two paved pull throughs, one for RV and one for TOAD. The back 3 are not as wide but still very sufficient. The regular sites on the Office side are really close together. I strongly suggest that you try to get into the premium area. If you have a large group, they should accommodate you.

Good luck.

Wayne,

Are you talking about Admiralty RV Resort, in San Antonio?

There were no Premium Sites. No pond. All sites are past the office and none had two pads. We must be talking about two different parks.

Still it's good to hear from you.

Herman

Herman,

I think Wayne and I have taken off on a tangent and did not explain. I had commented on his stays at Braunig Lake RV park and that we were having a WesTex chapter rally there next month. Sorry for the confusion but we do that really, really well.

Thanks for the info Wayne. Maybe we will meet on the road someday. If you are in Kerrville in the future we will have to have lunch and talk. My son just retired last year after 21 years in the Navy and his oldest son is currently in his Navy hospital corpsman A school. He has asked for assignment to the Marines.

Guest Wayne77590

Sorry Herman. Hijacked the thread. I was talking about Braunig Lake. I have stayed at admiralty with one of the RV Groups. I really thought it was over priced. They are definitely a stinkier on going the wrong way other than the way the arrow is pointing on the streets. i did not encounter any rude behavior in the office, but then, my bubbly personality always prevails.

Leary, when your son graduates, and goes to the Marines, he will no longer be a Corpsman. He'll be a "Doc."