ahicks

'93 34' Alumalite W/Tag Axle

Hi everyone! Newbie here, first post.

Trying to educate myself regarding the intricacies of owning the 50,000 mile '93 34' Aluma-Lite motorhome we recently purchased on a Chev. chassis. I'm an ex RV mechanic with 19 years of experience (that ended in '89 when I changed careers), so I have a clue regarding much of this, but feeling a little lost regarding a lot of the specifics (e.g. the Mor-Ryde tag axle suspension, auto leveling system, etc. ). Trying to come up to speed regarding this coach as I plan on doing the majority of my own maintenance (you can read that more time than money if you'd like!).

I'm interested in other folk's experience, hoping to gain insight regarding common trouble spots and maybe some of your specific likes and dislikes regarding it? Familiar with the generic chassis items e.g. tires, belts, hoses, frt. air bags, rusty fuel/brake lines, exhaust manifold issues, etc. as well as many of the coach systems (those don't seem to have changed much). Just wondering if there are/were other common things you'd like to share? Maybe parts sources for these original Holiday Ramblers?

Thanks much!

-Al

Al,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum. Perhaps the lack of responses is due to the magnitude of the question.

Generally, you will get better responses to specific questions.

A good place to start learning the "care and feeding" of your rig is with the owners manuals for each piece of equipment. If you don't have the manuals, many companies now have them available on-line.

Same for the chassis. Specific questions are more likely to get good responses.

With your background, you should be able to pick it up quickly.

Brett

Thanks Brett. I know better than to fire something like that off. My enthusiasim got the best of me. I do have some brain 'picken to do, so I'll get some specific questions together and try to get them posted in the right spot.

-Al

Hi ahicks,

Welcome to the FMCA forum. Looking forward to reading your posts. Especially those that deal with after market items that enhance your RVing pleasure.