tmoning

Software Upgrade Feedback

We did a full upgrade to our software on Feb. 28. We are working to get everything fully functional. There will be a few bugs as we get acquainted with all the new bells and whistles. You will notice more changes during the next week or so, concerning layout, logging in, etc.

In this thread, please alert us to any issues or problems related to the software update. Be specific in describing the issue. And in your post, indicate the Web browser version you are using (IE7, IE8, Firefox, Safari, etc.).

Thanks for your patience!

Guest Wayne77590

We did a full upgrade to our software on Feb. 28. We are working to get everything fully functional. There will be a few bugs as we get acquainted with all the new bells and whistles. You will notice more changes during the next week or so, concerning layout, logging in, etc.

In this thread, please alert us to any issues or problems related to the software update. Be specific in describing the issue. And in your post, indicate the Web browser version you are using (IE7, IE8, Firefox, Safari, etc.).

Darn! Didn't see this thread until I posted in the "other" thread, so now I'll have almost duplicates since there does not appear to be a delete button anywhere. So maybe a 10-15 minute lee-way on deleting an email?

Note from moderator: post on other topic deleted per your request.

Anyhow, here it is again:

Wow! Changes already. It took me a few seconds to find the "View New Content," but I found it.

I hope ya'll don't keep that baby slop putrid color for text. It's hard on the eyes - for me. Maybe just me. If it is just me, I'll live with it.

Sometimes forums have an option for a user to configure their own screen to show colors that they want. Does this forum code allow for that?

Almost all replies are within the reply box, could the "Add Reply" action after typing all this be closer to this form instead of having to scroll through attachment, options, etc. Maybe shortcut buttons?

Thanks.

p.s., not really complaining, just wondering out loud.

p.p.s. Ooops! Didn't see the fast reply with the post button just below it. Sorry! Then again, maybe the "Fast Reply" item should be above the "Add Reply" item.

There I go - thinking again.

We have darkened the color of the links. Adjusting your monitor brightness/contrast settings might help, as well. Sorry, we don't have the option to enable users to configure their own colors.

The Add Reply box has been moved up, closer to the text entry box, to reduce scrolling.

And of course, the Fast Reply function -- located at the bottom of the discussion thread -- is a quick way to post a reply, without having to open a separate reply page.

Thanks for the feedback!

Oh, a note about the View New Content link, which can be found near the top-right of the page: View New Content reveals a list of threads/topics containing posts that you have not yet read. Click a topic and it should take you directly to the first unread post within that topic.

Oh, a note about the View New Content link, which can be found near the top-right of the page: View New Content reveals a list of threads/topics containing posts that you have not yet read. Click a topic and it should take you directly to the first unread post within that topic.

Now that, I really like. :rolleyes:

Ron

Older user members accounts are no longer working ... at least mine is not. I sign in and then when I go to blogs or forums I get signed out and cannot post to either place. I created a new account (for my wife) and I can post to the forums, but the blog I created is nowhere to be found. Hopefully this can be resolved soon. I never know when I will get the urge to post a new thought or two, so good luck with this.

Hopefully the fix is just something simple.

Gramps

I just went to my personal listing to look up my previous posts and couldn't find more than three or four of the most recent. I selected just posts started by me and found only two. Eventually I was able to view the posts under the category of Motorhome Modifications and find the post for which I was searching. As you know there should be an extensive list of my postings and the number that I have started is vastly more than just two. Somehow, a good deal of history is missing or at least very difficult to find in some channels. I see that the search is limited to March 15 2010. My first post on replacing the TV in our motorhome often cited by others and should be listed in any search.

I just went to my personal listing to look up my previous posts and couldn't find more than three or four of the most recent. I selected just posts started by me and found only two. Eventually I was able to view the posts under the category of Motorhome Modifications and find the post for which I was searching. As you know there should be an extensive list of my postings and the number that I have started is vastly more than just two ....

To view ALL of your content, click your display name next to your photo at the top right corner, which contains your profile and other settings. From that drop-down menu, select "My Content." You can see all of your Forum posts. To view your Blogs and Gallery entries, click the respective tabs.

Well, I log on using "2driftrs" like I have for the last 18 months or so. Rather than see "2driftrs" in the upper right corner, I see my name. When I post to the Forum, it says I'm a newbie, and ignores all previous posts I've ever made.

We are working to resolve an issue affecting certain user sign-in accounts that got "caught in the shuffle" during the software updgrade. Look for a post here when this is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

One item that I do not care for is when I open a post, the display goes to the bottom of the last one. I think I remember that the display use to be at the top of the first one.

Older user members accounts are no longer working ... at least mine is not. I sign in and then when I go to blogs or forums I get signed out and cannot post to either place.

Gramps

Well, I log on using "2driftrs" like I have for the last 18 months or so. Rather than see "2driftrs" in the upper right corner, I see my name. When I post to the Forum, it says I'm a newbie, and ignores all previous posts I've ever made.

The sign-in issues appear to have been resolved. If not, please send me a PM.

We are working to resolve an issue affecting certain user sign-in accounts that got "caught in the shuffle" during the software updgrade. Look for a post here when this is resolved. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I got caught in the shuffle and could not reply to posts for a few days. That was repaired today but I somehow lost all my settings including signature, icon, etc. Now I'm showing up as a Newbie even though I have been on this board since right after it opened. I looked back at some of my old postings (which my pofile says I do not have any) and they show that I had been a senior member when they were posted. Any ideas what happened there?

I got caught in the shuffle and could not reply to posts for a few days. That was repaired today but I somehow lost all my settings including signature, icon, etc. Now I'm showing up as a Newbie even though I have been on this board since right after it opened. I looked back at some of my old postings (which my pofile says I do not have any) and they show that I had been a senior member when they were posted. Any ideas what happened there?

A PM has been sent to this user, addressing his settings.