Sign in to follow this  
ahicks

Front/Rear A/C Selector Switch?

Working on my '93 HR AlumaLite 34' MH.

I can't get any power to my front A/C on shore power or Gen. (yes, the breakers on the gen are both set) The coach is new to me, so I dug through the manuals and found one for a Pulse-Air m# AC-1157 that appears to be an aftermarket accessory installed by a PO. It looks like it allows the front and rear A/C's to be cycled back and forth automatically on shore power, or manually selected front/rear on shore power. It's installed in place of the HR OEM rotary switch that did the front/rear switching manually originally.

I'm going to assume the relays in the Pulse-Air unit are toast. What I would like some direction on, is what might be used to replace the Pulse Air unit for manual operation as originally designed by HR?

I have 4 lines here. Looks like (not verified) one to each of the A/C's, one from the generator, and one from the main AC panel marked "Front A/C".

Not generally too challenged by this kind of thing in the past, but I'm drawing a total blank here!

Anyone have any guidance regarding wiring diagrams or sources for a reasonably priced manual switch (or switches)?

A link to point me in the right direction?

Thanks much!

I was able to answer my own question, Thanks. It just took the patience to find the magic combination of search words. I was overcomplicating the issue (typical me), knew this shouldn't be that difficult. A simple SPDT switch able to handle the amperage is all I need. Thinking Home Depot...

For anyone following able to follow an elec. diagram I've left the link to the diagram answering my questions. Many MANY thanks to the author.

http://www.vsquare.com/howard/photos/airstream/MotorHomeElectric002.jpg