Sign in to follow this  
rickgithens

New 5" Screen Garmin GPS

I am a believer in Garmin GPS's and am thinking of upgrading from my 2-year old Nuvi 750 to the Nuvi 2460LTM or 1490LTM. These have the lifetime updates for maps and traffic and the new 5" screen. Does anyone have any experience with these or the lifetime updates.

Thanks, Rick in Louisiana

I purchased the life time updates for my Garmin 2720 Street Pilot a number of years ago. Works fine. In fact, I just did an update last week.

I'm guessing you can buy the life time updates for what you have. Mine did not come with it and the first update I did I paid $75 for. Before I did it again I noticed the life time option, on their web site.

While the bigger screen would be nice to have in the motor home, I'm in no hurry to replace my old one. It still works great.

One difference noted is the 1490TLM does not reflect both the miles TO your destination and the miles driven FROM your start point, only the miles remaining TO your destination. My Nuvi 350 reflected both of those numbers. Recently, in downtown "Nawlins" (New Orleans) my 1450 became disoriented (tall buildings maybe?). Immediately replaced it with my Nuvi 350 which functioned without error and got us out safely and quickly. I am going back to my Nuvi 350 and keep the 1450 for future needs.