Bowiesmom

Warrenty Coverage And Service Center Scammers

No-one must have looked like a larger fool than I did walking in those doors. Hope this nightmare helps someone else.

We went to a Freightliner Service Center so proud we bought our first coach being a Freightliner.

Thought the name on the sign was the real Freightliner Co. WRONG!

Did recommended M3 inspection, even though we had just had coach gone through. Because we wanted to have the real folks take care of our RV.

They called telling us we had a $3000.00 plus problem with our suspension. My husband called our Good Sams Warranty. They told us to have the service center call them with our contract number for approval. We did this the same day. The Service Center then called me and told me to email approval for the work so they could order parts, otherwise we would have to wait for Goods Sams approval. No problem since Good Sams Warranty covered our suspension! As weeks went by through the Christmas holiday's, the wait for approval and the completion of our coach went from days to a month. As time went by, this nice caring service man told me he was concerned we may not be covered and wanted to wait for his best mechanic to get out of the hospital so we would not be denied. :unsure:

Next week he told us we were DENIED COVERAGE for pre-existing! Next day, I called Good Sams Warranty to find out what else to expect would be pre-existing and for how long. THATS WHEN I FOUND OUT THE FREIGHTLINER SERVICE CENTER NEVER CALLED UNTIL THAT WEEK! The claim had NOT been denied, rather they asked to set up an inspection to see if in fact the bushings were in need of repair! Remaining polite and horrified I confronted him and he told me they were lying!

I ask him if the repair was already done? Yes. Did you save old parts? No.

Eventually we were denied coverage because it could not be proven that it was even in need of repair.

I will say Good Sams Warranty Supervisor did try his best to help us once he realized he had also been lied to by nice caring service guy as he was told we simply approved this work. Not that we were lead to believe it was only to order parts and have our coach for Christmas! This was a calculated scam.

So here is the TOP TEN of what I learned by being a new-bee for all you that want to see the world in a trusting manner!

1) Freightliner Service Centers are not owned by that innovative company " Freightliner/Dailmer.

2) Never believe a respected name mechanic company does what they tell you they did!

3) Do not believe that your coach will be done in 5 days. It was over 2 months.

4) DO NOT think these people actually care about you or your coach regardless of the name on the sign. I will also make it procedure to have them save parts.

5) Do not believe anything you are told on the telephone. Actually tell them to only communicate with you in writing. If they can not, RUN!

6) Do not leave any possession you want to keep, on your coach when you leave it in the hands of a service center you do not know.

7) Before you ever leave your coach at a service center you do not know, take photo's of everything you can! Batteries, tires, underneath, inside, outside, generator and all systems that can be swapped out. Cause guess what, it can get swapped out!

8) If you do have a bad experience, post it in reviews so you can protect fellow RV'ers. I did research this center, and yes, its been done to others, but the name was posted as the city it was in and other ways.

9) Do not be too friendly or heaven forbid tell them you are new and want to learn about your rv! :huh: :huh: :blink:

10) Do not expect any justice from any corner of the world, because the more noise you make, the bigger chance you have of bad people doing bad things to your coach and becoming even more braising. In addition, being so very insulted by the behavior and fabrications, I sounded like a crazy women to the FCCC help line in Gaffney. They actually did not believe me over this seasoned caring shifty predator, so would be ashamed to take the Camp Freightliner or show my face to them and the clubs I joined for this very reason. Being emotional and rambling on, even though I felt hunted as a sports game, made me the un-credible person, although telling the truth.

Here is the best part. What did we think we were getting this 3k repair for? We did not know why the coach was tilting in the front! The bushings replaced, were in the back of the coach.

I am so afraid now I do not even feel safe to drive it down the highway. Live and learn. Although I feel humiliated about the treatment by these predators, I really felt it should be shared.

Bowiesmom,

You need to contact Good Sams Action Line, they have an advocacy program that have helped many RV owners like you who have had problems with crooked repair shops. They have gotten most of their money back if not all. Call, mail or E-mail Good Sam Club.

"actionline@goodsamclub"

Also, post the name and address of this company so others don't get stung by these people.

JohnF

John,

Thanks for your note back. What an insult to be strung along like an idiot. What will never make since to me is we have always have return clients. Never had to advertise or cut deals, the day we dropped our coach we were very sure these guys would be our home team. Penney Wise Dollar Foolish!

By chance, do you have any suggestions for a good beginner maintenance class for diesel class A besides the one in S.C? We were planning get training before this occurred. Well Thanks for your note and will certainly look into to the G.S. line.

Be Safe!

Bowiesmom,

You need to contact Good Sams Action Line, they have an advocacy program that have helped many RV owners like you who have had problems with crooked repair shops. They have gotten most of their money back if not all. Call, mail or E-mail Good Sam Club.

"actionline@goodsamclub"

Also, post the name and address of this company so others don't get stung by these people.

JohnF

John,

Thanks for your note back. What an insult to be strung along like an idiot. What will never make since to me is we have always have return clients. Never had to advertise or cut deals, the day we dropped our coach we were very sure these guys would be our home team. Penney Wise Dollar Foolish!

By chance, do you have any suggestions for a good beginner maintenance class for diesel class A besides the one in S.C? We were planning get training before this occurred. Well Thanks for your note and will certainly look into to the G.S. line.

Be Safe!

You can learn a lot by just reading posts on this forum, if you have a specific item just ask for help you'll be surprised how many people get back to you.

Attend one of the FMCA national rallies they have seminars on maintenance and you'll be able to ask questions.

Please post the name and address of this company that stung you!

JohnF

It is Orlando Freightliner on Orange Blossom Trail, Apopka, Florida. They also own Ocala Freightliner.

The seminars sound good. Thanks for the advise and support.

We just got the coach back today. I have not seen it yet.

Looking forward to putting this nightmare behind us.

Thank you!