thosmax@yahoo.com

Fungus Or Growth InToilet Pipe

We have a Class A Motorhome with a Thetford Aqua-Magic Style II Toilet.

When brushing out the toilet pipe that goes from the toilet to the black tank we noticed something growing in the pipe like a white fungus.

We cleaned it off the pipe, but about week later we noticed it growing back again.

What can we use to get rid of this permanently?

Another thing to consider: From time to time it's a good idea to use bleach to disinfect the entire water system of our coaches. It IS time consuming, but I understand necessary on an occasional basis. So, you need to find out how many cups of bleach per the number of gallons in your potable, on board water storage tank, add it to the tank, then fill to mix it in well. Then, run water out of faucets, shower, TOILET until you smell the strong odor of the bleach. Let it sit for a bit, then drain, refill your storage tank, flush all water lines to sinks, etc., until no more bleach odor (you say time consuming? You're right!). Fill & flush again. This will obviously flush down your toilet as well & may, in fact, address the source of fungus as being in your storage tank, if you've never disinfected it to this point. Good luck. I gotta go flush my tank... :-)