gabbygammy

Poor Campground

Just a quick mention of a campground I hope other FMCA members should avoid. Pulled into Cordele RV park in Cordele, GA.

As soon as we plugged into our site outlet which was suppose to be 50 amps, I heard a pop and our 4 dr. refrig. & micro-convection micro-wave burnt out. Might also have a problem w/ one of our a/c's.

Owner refused to take responsibility. He used profanity, & insulting words not to mention never offered to refund our money or offer his insurance to cover costs.

I also heard complaints about his poor sewage.

Hope Passport America removes this RV park from their book.

Guest BillAdams

Remember that it's not up to him if you want to file a claim against his park. He is required to provide you with claim information. If he will not provide this the City/County officials can. You should have someone verify that there is a problem with the electrical service since you will have no other way to prove that the damage occurred there and was not a pre-existing condition. If you have already left the campground you may have trouble proving it but I would file a claim anyway as well as a complaint with the local BBB (you may find the issue has come up before) and the local regulating agency.

Not to minimize your issue, but there are testers available that you can plug into the campground plug before you plug your coach in that will test for bad circuits. Most if not all of the electrical management units (either built in or portable) also provide this protection for your coach.

I think that there are always three sides to every story - person A,person B, and the truth. That being said I have to add a little bit about this story so that perhaps part of the truth may come out.

My husband and I have been coming to this particular RV park for about three years now and have never had any trouble such as this. We like to come here on our way back from a Florida winter, usually staying a month or two before heading out for our chosen 6 month tour for the year. This year we opted to stay here rather than even make the Florida trip and as a result we were here when the FMCA members started arriving. You are right in saying that when you got set up here you did have electrical trouble within the first half hour of being here, but what you forgot to mention was that not only did the owner of the RV park attempt to help your situation, but two people here also tried to appease the situation. You were loaned a cooler so that you could keep your close on hand items from your refrigerator in your RV. My husband also showed you where the ice machine was up at the office and we also made arrangements for you to be able to keep your other freezer and refrigerator items in a long term resident's refrigerator.

He then spent over 4 hours with your husband trying to track down what may have been the problem. All we wanted to do that evening was to relax by the camp fire and enjoy another beautiful evening, but it's our nature to help others when at all possible. My husband was also told that evening by you that you had been having issues with your microwave before you got here. If you turned it on for a three minute setting it would blow a fuse after the first minute. And he was also told that you had a recall issue with your refrigerator just two weeks earlier.

The next morning the owner of the RV park called a local electrician who came out and checked out that particular site. He checked that site and found it to be okay, but said that due to all of the rigs that were parked here that what happened to your motor home should not have happened had you had proper protection working correctly inside, but you didn't want the electrician to look at your rig for some reason. After being told this by the electrician the owner of the RV park decided that seeing as there was no way of knowing whether it was or was not his fault he would meet you in the middle and pay for a new control board for your refrigerator. I know this to be true as I am the one that had to order that part using his business credit card to do so. He paid $212.88 for a part that did not solve your problem, which you forgot to return to him nor did you give him the copy of his receipt out of the packing box that it came in.

My husband was going to help put in the part but it did not arrive in time and you had to do it yourself. It didn't solve your problem so you chose to call Norcold finally (should have been done in the first place) and a technician was supposed to be coming out. This is where things got sad as far as I'm concerned. My husband and I were outside chatting with other campers that were there and your walked out and told us that the part didn't work and that he had just hung up with a Norcold rep and that he had someone coming out. But he wanted to make sure that we not mention anything about the electrical problem that you had when you first arrived or that my husband had even looked at your unit as he was going to just act as if this was a unit problem and handle it that way. I told your husband that neither of us would lie for anyone not even to save ourselves as it is morally wrong and it would just be better if we weren't near your unit when the technician arrived if this was how your two were choosing to handle this problem.

No one was rude to you or insulted you during your stay here. If anything I think that people that had nothing to do with your situation were nothing but nice and as helpful as they could be and you did not even have the decency to say thank you to those that attempted to help you. Your husband seemed to be a nice person until he asked us to lie for him. If you are saying that it was the RV park's fault why then would you NOT want a Norcold technician to know that you think your refrigerator went out as a result of a faulty site hook up?

For the next couple of night's others were parked in that same exact spot as you originally had and they did not have any trouble, so I must wonder why you really had problems like this. The only problem that you had with the owner of the RV park was when you left here that morning. You stopped at the office and started tossing slanderous statements around outside of the office where others were present. That was a matter that should have been kept between the people involved but you chose not to do that as well.

So please, if you are going to claim that an RV park is bad,please at least have the common courtesy of being HONEST.

Now aint this strange? :unsure: Sounds like ladytaz worked at the campground? Two newbies diametrically opposed, and the forum was so quiet up till now. Oh well back to studying my navel.

Ward

Now ain't this strange? :unsure: Sounds like ladytaz worked at the campground?

No,Ward, I don't work here. I've been retired since 2002. We do enjoy stopping here when we pass through and if someone needs a hand we have a tenancy to help others (I think that is what you are supposed to do if my moral upbringing was right). Perhaps after this fiasco I may be more leaning towards just sitting by my fire and enjoying the evening from now on, but that's not my nature to ignore someone in distress. I know that if it was me that this happened to I would have greatly appreciated someone offering a cooler and also having the knowledge of a refrigerator that could be used rather than to see my frozen groceries and refrigerator items gone bad.

I really came here to check out the FMCA and to thank a wonderful couple that stepped up and adopted an abandoned puppy that was found late Friday evening here.

I'm so glad she'll have a good home, but I think that's another forum.

:) We all have had not so pleasant visits to RV Parks. We all like to vent. Venting is good for the soul. However sometimes we jump before we think ( I am guilty of this more then once).

Before we trash a Park or Resort we need to check out if we or the park is at fault. A good place to start is www.reparkreviews.com. See what other think about the Park or Resort. As for Cordele RV Park in Cordele, GA, the only negatives were that they didn't have Cable TV and not family friendly.

That part could be up for question since one review spoke about the playground.

Therefore we all need to see if it was ourselves or the Park that was the problem.

Interesting exchange! It lends some truth to the usual stories one hears about people who whine and complain endlessly about everything. Some complaints will have a basis of truth, while others definitely don't.

Ray

2009 Fleetwood Pulse 24A

Miami FL