aztec7fan

Amphibious Motor Home

OK, as a long-time sailor (we are currently on the sailboat in the Bahamas -- sailed from Texas) I would be very suspect about the seas that vehicle could handle.

Heck, we are stuck in West End, Grand Bahamas right now waiting to cross back to West Palm with seas in the Gulf Stream running 7-9'.

Could you cross a pond or lake on a calm day in that amphibious motorhome-- probably. Rough weather-- not me. And just think of "dunking" your motorhome in salt water!

Sorry to be negative, but that is a little too "multi-purpose" for me. Will stick with a motorhome AND a boat to do land and sea.

Brett

Ours had a problem. I left the gray water gate open when we went for a cruise and now its at the bottom of Lake Texoma.

Also it is really hard to dump when anchored.

It also got a little top heavy when we opened the slide.

Happy cruising, I mean RVing.

Herman,

I suspect your proboscis is getting longer.

I have sailed Lake Texoma and seen the charts-- never say a sunk RV in person or on the charts.

Were Lone Star Beers, Margarettas, etc involved in this adventure.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Brett

In this state you would have to register it as a water vessel,carry onboard a paddle,an anchor,life preservers,& install the proper bow & stern lighting. Not to mention finding a clean lake with no rock or stump hazards.I'm getting too old to try & paddle a 30,000 lb.vessel back to shore when the engine quits. :)

Herman,

I suspect your proboscis is getting longer.

I have sailed Lake Texoma and seen the charts-- never say a sunk RV in person or on the charts.

Were Lone Star Beers, Margarettas, etc involved in this adventure.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Brett

Are you refering to my Pinocchio Nose? :unsure:

Sorry it took so long for me to respond but I had to find out what Proboscis ment.

Yep, it is big. I don't know if it is from getting older or some of the stories I may have told?

Keep up the good mechnical answers to the forum.