tmoning

National Fishing License

TT, Ken.

I too have given up!  Have sent numerous requests to the Senator from Texas & spoken to him...promises, promises.  All falls on Deaf ears!!  One has to remember, they are all Lawyers!:angry:

TT.  What State is $200?  I want to stay away from that one! 

On 3/5/2018 at 5:01 AM, manholt said:

TT, Ken.

I too have given up!  Have sent numerous requests to the Senator from Texas & spoken to him...promises, promises.  All falls on Deaf ears!!  One has to remember, they are all Lawyers!:angry:

TT.  What State is $200?  I want to stay away from that one! 

This is not accurate but about 180.00 or so for fishing and hunting, trout stamp, big game stamp I understand. Then there is archery stamp for deer, Wildlife mgt area stamps, some trout stream permits, turkey stamp, then migratory bird stamps,including one  for doves, now. I can look it up but I'm lazy this evening. A of them if you hunt and fish or every thing is past 200.00. Now to operate a canoe or kayak you have to have a boating safety certificate, and maybe registration numbers but don't quote me.

When I was young 3.00 for just fishing, 7.00 for hunting an fishing and no special stamps for archery, muzzle loader,  trout, deer or anything. And no boating registration until I was a teenager. Fishing in your own county with bait didn't coat anything, and hunting an fishing on your own land, idn't cost anything. And under 16 nothing.

This is Tn.

Folks in Tennessee and some surrounding States, does make good Shine!  I'm partial to Apple and Honey! :D

On 3/13/2018 at 7:45 AM, JHartmangruber said:

For anyone asking the feds to take over the fishing industry... Please seek psychiatric help immediately!!!!:wacko:

Fishing Industry! Our public Lands!

That sound like Zinke. He is going to double cost and end free passes except or Disabled and Disabled Veterans. He thinks our National Treasures exist for the profits of Big Business.

We pay our taxes to support our National Parks, Fisheries, hatcheries, National Forest and any and all infrastructure for Citizens. It is ours not his Industry or the Park Operators or Big Business. He  wanted to eventually sell BLM lands to Cattle Ranchers, but I understand he realizes  that they only pay pennies  per head to graze our lands and for Elk Buffalo,competition  to be excluded, and any and all predators to be killed, or poisoned.

I they own it they would have to pay taxes. He still favors giving or selling it to them. IMO.

Better be taking to everyone in Washington, or expect to 80.00 per head and commercial rates for RV camping+.  in Yellowstone and everywhere else. IMO

JH. Welcome to the Forum!

Your correct! :)  Problem is, most folks don't have a clue, witch Department handles what?  So, it's all lumped under one terminology! :( That still does not mean that they are wrong either!

One License would be nice, but there are 50 States and each one has their own agenda, that's the way it's set up & it's not likely to change anytime soon!

TT, I have no idea what you just wrote, it's meaning or who is "Zinke" ? :blink: 

14 hours ago, manholt said:

JH. Welcome to the Forum!

Your correct! :)  Problem is, most folks don't have a clue, witch Department handles what?  So, it's all lumped under one terminology! :( That still does not mean that they are wrong either!

One License would be nice, but there are 50 States and each one has their own agenda, that's the way it's set up & it's not likely to change anytime soon!

TT, I have no idea what you just wrote, it's meaning or who is "Zinke" ? :blink: 

Secretary of the Interior.

In regard to this subject I will attempt to post this link to Zink's direction.

It is not inclusive as a more insulting interview he gave to Outdoor Life.

Everyone except Military and Disabled Vets would have to pay and much more.

At east he demonstrates some appreciation of our Military.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/378220-zinke-too-many-people-can-enter-national-parks-for-free

TT.  Tried Link, all I got from Google, was page not found.  I did get a whole screen infomercial about a "Salty Pretzel"!

recently retired and now looking to fish across north america but the cost is daunting.  Don't know if it's high enough to get on anyone's RADAR, but it think it would be a great thing to do.

Here's what i'd propose...

1.)  Get states to agree to resident fees  for people who have:

• local state fishing license (or sporting lic. that allows fishing)
  • National Park Pass.

After thinking about it, this seems like it would have the least opposition from states.  There's probably not allot of people who would apply so i don't think it would be a huge drain on state funds.  Best of all, It doesn't create any new bureaucracy.  Generates a smidgen of fund for national parks...

Thoughts?

PoppaRex, Welcome to the forum. A national fishing license would be great. I encourage everyone to contact their State and National senators and representatives to make it  happen. If they arn't hearing about it nothing will happen.

Bill

I cannot count the times I have requested a senior national basic fishing license.  Three is no money in it for them to represent a bunch of senior citizens.

Ken

It seems that there would need to be an effort to go state by state... would take years i suppose. I don't think it could be an individual effort, with people writing to their legislators. It would have to be a  very organized and dedicated crew ....

Do you think the national park piece was needed?  To me it would be something that the states could look and see some sort of federal "buy-in" though there wouldn't need to be any federal involvement really.  Would you see that as important or not?

Where would we go for a list of state legislators who might think this was a great idea? What about service people... would it be a great way (in a very small part) too include them as automatically qualifying for a resident license?  Would there be better buy-in?  

Would a good place to start be with whomever controls the national park service? Is there a secretary of the interior? dunno.  Time to do some research.

It really wouldn’t take much. All States would just have to recognize and give reciprocity to each other’s fishing license just as they do for your driving license. Maybe limit it to be valid for only one week or one month if they must as you travel. Drs, Lawyers, and other professionals have to get relicensed in each State they want to practice in. 

We enjoy fishing and golf.  Have found that most States don't try to make a living off of us.  We generally get a 2 week or more, if we're 4 wheeling...some great lakes & streams in the back country!  Otherwise it's 3 days or a week!  Mostly we do catch & release, unless we need a couple of Trout for dinner.  

I would like to have automatic right, to fish in National Parks and BLM Land, with my "Old Geezer" Pass!  Also, State Parks, with my entry fee! 

Once again, I encourage everyone to contact their State and National senators and representatives to make it  happen. If they arn't hearing about it nothing will happen.

Bill