tmoning

Pilot Flying J Transactions

Just returned to our home in Alaska from Southern California. Experienced many of the frustrations experienced here at each Pilot / Flying J we stopped at. I sure hope they get there act together. As you can guess I spent a lot on fuel and not much of it was discounted. I was told everything from my "Flying J frequent fueler card was no longer any good" to "you need to use the RV lanes to get the discount". Even though a couple of stops did get it right when I check my transactions page on my card log-in it shows zero transactions. I wish you much success in resolving this Lynsay. I would like to continue to give Pilot my business.

Guest BillAdams

Do you mean Pilot when you say you would like to continue to give Pilot your business or are you referring to the new Pilot/FJ? I have done everything in my power to avoid Pilot (only Love's is worse) as they have never been RV friendly and some of the dirties/nastiest TS's I have ever visited. FJ was the one singular breath of fresh air when it came fueling but with that gone it's a real struggle. Luckily, we were able to fuel up on the IN turnpike last week for $4.09 when the price at FJ was.....sorry, I have no idea what FJ's price was since the auto/RV price is no longer published.

Yes Bill you are correct, I do mean the new Pilot/FJ. I always use the truck lanes and had not read this thread so I was going in every time to give them my FJ and credit card. Most of the people taking care of the trucking fuel line did not know what to do with my FJ card. Only two of my many fuel ups actually gave me the discount on my fuel. It was very frustrating to say the least!

Just want to let you know that the training evidently hasn't "taken" at all locations yet. We just pulled out of the Flying J #510 in Scipio, Utah, where we bought $150 worth of diesel fuel and paid credit card price (not cash price) with zero discount. We pulled up to the Car/Rv diesel lane, and followed the directions on the screen (this is one of the ones that requires swiping the Flying J Advantage Card AFTER the credit card). (And yes, ours IS the new card, and yes, it's been properly activated, and has been working everywhere we've stopped in the last month or so). The last time we stopped (in Arizona, I believe), the discount was deducted off the receipt AFTER we reached the $150.00 limit on our credit card, so my husband assumed that's what would happen here. But, in fact, we paid the FULL ($4.239/gallon) CREDIT CARD PRICE (Cash Price was $4.179), and the $.03/gallon was NOT applied. We just left without going in to argue the point, since it's a VERY busy stopping point, and there was no place to pull out of the way and away from the pump. This has become a very frustrating part of our full time travels, at a time when we are trying very hard to watch every penny. We appreciate FMCA's and Flying J's continuing to work to make this very valuable member benefit one that we can fully enjoy.

Hi gandr2737,

The reason you did not receive the cash price and discount is because the location you stopped at is not owned or operated by PFJ. Consider obtaining the following RV PFJ guide.

Go to the PFJ website at: http://pilotflyingj.com/locations and if the title of the location says anything except “Pilot Travel Center” or “Flying J” it is not owned/operated by Pilot Flying J and at these locations, the discount is only available at the truck diesel lanes when the Pump Start Feature is used with the Frequent Fueler Card. This is also indicated in the new RV travel guide: http://pilotflyingj.com/assets/templates/pilot/images/RVTG_v10_eproof.pdf

Any idea what the Merchant category code is Pilot/FJ? I use a BOA Visa which gives 3% rewards for gas purchases. However, when I get my statement from P/FJ is only gives a 2% credit. The MCC BOA recognizes 5541 and 5542 for 3%.