bobandjoycerv

1997 Monaco Signature Run Panel

Hi, all.

I have a 1997 Monaco Signature 40 with M11 450.

Is there any help out there on replacing my driver's-side electrical panel where the transmission control and all switches reside? I have contacted Actia, who before a name change built the panel. Their records are thin going back. Now that Monaco is diminished, that makes it harder yet.

If I had the correct model number, Actia, formerly Advanced Technology Inc., could make one. With fading, it looks like "MP 8837" could be correct.

There is a local plastics place tht may be able to re-create this if I remove .... Frankly, this may be too difficult for me to attempt. For one thing, I am color blind, so the wires are a challenge.

Has anyone run into this before?

Bob Johnston, F54543

FMCA member since 1983 and RVing since '75

Bob,

Any chance you could upload a photo of the panel? I have a 97 Dynasty. If the panels are the same, maybe I can pull a number off mine for you. By the way, where is Actia located?

Good luck,

Tim

Bob,

Being color blind should not be a problem. Take a picture of the panel. Give each switch an alpha letter designation. As you remove the wires from each component and give each one the alpha letter of the component and a number (B-1, B-2 and so on). Draw a sketch of the back of each component to show where each wire goes.

Then you can remove the panel for duplication. You will need to do this even if you find a replacement panel.

Good luck on your search.

Bob,

Being color blind should not be a problem. Take a picture of the panel. Give each switch an alpha letter designation. As you remove the wires from each component and give each one the alpha letter of the component and a number (B-1, B-2 and so on). Draw a sketch of the back of each component to show where each wire goes.

Then you can remove the panel for duplication. You will need to do this even if you find a replacement panel.

Good luck on your search.

This advice is the best I've seen in a while...I've done a ton of electrical control work and agree..even if you have a simple repair it is always best to have a drawing of termination locations as s**t happens and if there is a way I find it to forget that info.

There are special wire markers packaged to allow you to put "alpha markings" on the wires..sometimes I used indelible markers and other times I used tape...the markers are by far better. You can get them at places who sell electrical supplies or on line at Granger or other such suppliers.

Good Luck.

Well hi to the folks who replied to my post about the panel. I am so sorry to say that I never revisited this blog since 2011.

If anyone is interested though I have several of the panels left over and would like to sell some. I had extras made at the time.

Control panel for 97 Monaco Sig 40. This is the panel with all the light switches the emergency brake and 6 speed shift control.

Let me know if interested since these are not available from Monaco. I would be happy to check sizes and measurements to assure it is a fit for your coach.

Bob, I had the same problem with my HR/Monaco coach. I pressed the engine brake button one day and it fell through the panel :blink:. I was able to locate them from this RV supplier. http://www.nwrvsupply.com/category/07.html I bought my instrument trim from them from a different year coach (in wood grain) and trimmed it to fit my layout, (I really hated the gray dull plastic dash trim that much).

You will have to match it up by appearance, they do not have a way to look them up by application.

I didn't care much for the original gray trim my coach came with so I had one made at a local plastics shop in wood grain, I removed my old one and they used it as a template to make me a replacement in wood grain plastic. My wiring was all labeled from Monaco and had block plugs not individual wires so that part was easy (I too am color blind)

Here is the link of the finished product, if you scroll through the photos you will see the original design from Monaco.

Bob, I also considered fabricating one from aluminum diamond plate or wood and staining it to match the cabinets in the coach.

Actia is in Elkhart IN.  (574) 264-2373.  Engineering dude is Jeff.  Have you tried REV(ex Fleetwood).  Don't know how much documentation they got when they bought Monaco.  Have they set up Monaco customer service ?

Bob in TX