Sign in to follow this  
emarty13

Parking At FMCA Convention In Madison, WI

I would like to go to the Madison convention this August, but would like to be close to the exhibition halls so I do not have to take a shuttle.

Does anyone know how the parking will work? I am open to registering either with or without electric. And I am thinking of registering now.

Thanks for any info.

Sue

Good morning, Sue. Parking for the Madison Family Reunion will be located at Alliant Energy Center, as well as Lake Farm Park. The majority of the families attending this event will be parked at Alliant Energy Center. Volunteers, families requesting handicap parking, caravans, and Governing Board members will be parked at Alliant Energy Center. As each of these groups arrive, we will fill in these lots with general family parking.

Families requesting electric, as well as some general family parking, will be directed to Lake Farm Park. Personally, having visited Madison several times, I love this setting. Families parked at Lake Farm Park will be parked near Lake Waubesa, with a fishing pier, boat launch, hiking trails, picnic shelters, sand volleyball court, and glorious sunrises and sunsets daily! FMCA will be providing a shower trailer at Lake Farm Park for families to utilize. Tram service to and from Alliant Energy Center will be air-conditioned coaches.

"Many families will be parked at Lake Farm Park, which is located approximately two miles from Alliant Energy Center. Lake Farm Park is a beautiful county-operated park with a huge lake, picnic shelters, walking paths and playground equipment. It should be a great location to bring families."

After reading this statement I recall the Convention in Oregon, 2010, where we parked in the family area with another family that was traveling with us and we ended up being isolated from the other attendees. It was nice parking close-by the events, but we felt isolated. I am asking families with kids that are planning to attend Madison to reply here and give your opinion on whether you will ask to be parked at Lake Farm Park with the other families with children, or will park in whatever area the parking crew directs. If we all stick together, and ask to be parked together every time, we can all benefit from the interaction the kids get while attending. Plus, there is safety, and fun, in numbers. And don't forget the youth program activities ... wonderful!!

I would like to attend, but can only stay for 1 or two days. Do I have to pay the entire amount or can I get a partial refund if I leave early??

Guest BillAdams

You cannot get a refund but if you want to stay off-site somewhere you can just come visit with a daily pass. This does not include the seminars or entertainment but you can spend the day going through all the display coaches, visiting with vendors and generally having a good day. If you want to join in on all of the activities available you will need to pay the (extremely low) registration fee.