Sign in to follow this  
gdjacks

Lights in Bedroom Slideout Not Working

I have a 2004 Fleetwood Revolution, the two lights on the wall in the bedroom slideout near the head of the bed did not work this year, but they always have before. The only thing done this year before using the coach was new batteries, new front slideout motor and serviced by a dealer. All of the other lights and plugins work. I have not found any fuses for just the two lights, and yes, I checked one of the bulbs. Email me

Welcome to the FMCA forum gdjacks,

With two lights failing in the same area at the same time, there is likely a single problem causing both failures. Here's one approach for the troubleshooting:

1. Remove the bulbs and check them for continuity, either with with your multimeter or by plugging them into another lamp for testing.

2. Check for power at each lamp: first using the lamp's ground wire; and then a separate test ground of your own placement. Make sure to check with every switch at each position.

3. If the two lamps are controlled by a common switch, check for power coming into the switch, and going out of the switch (again using a test ground of your own placement). If there are two switches, look for power at each in the same fashion. (Note: some coaches have 3 switches for these lamps. One that turns both lamps on and off, and separate switch on each lamp also. If so, check all three)

4. If still no power is found, backtrack to the fuse panel and find the fuse for this circuit. Check the fuse for continuity. Then make sure there is power to the hot side of that fuse holder.

Hopefully this process of elimination will help you find if the problem is a failed hot side of the circuit, or a loss of ground. This should also help you locate where the circuit has failed so you can correct the problem.

If these steps don't reveal the problem, let us know what you find in the process and we will offer further ideas.

Good luck,

Tim

Thanks to two members advising that most likely it was a ground problem, it was. I found it by accident, it was a wire under the bed that is just pushed into a connector and I was just pushing on several wires and got to the right one.

So thanks.