dbwardell

Air Dump And Leveling Question

We have just purchased a 2000 American Dream and wonder if we need to dump the air every time we park.

Also, when we are leveling, do we dump the air before we level or after, if at all?

Dave & Ronnie

2000 American Dream

Hi Dave,

You haven't stated if you have just a hydraulic leveling system or if you have a air and hydraulic system. If its just a hydraulic system than you should dump the air before leveling. Hope this helps.

I really don't know if it is hydraulic or both. I need to read up on that. My gasser was hydraulic HWH and no air ride, so this is new to us. I do have the manuals but didn't see anything about this. Thanks for the info as any is better than what I currently have. I guess I'll dump first until I get this figured out.

Thanks again.

Dave

Dave,

PLEASE, check with your coach manufacturer.

Different coaches are designed to dump/level/extend slides in a different order. There is no one "right" way. It depends on how the coach manufacturer set up the coach.

Brett

Dave,

PLEASE, check with your coach manufacturer.

Different coaches are designed to dump/level/extend slides in a different order. There is no one "right" way. It depends on how the coach manufacturer set up the coach.

Brett

If you have Hydro Jacks it is always good to dump before you level. This way your jacks don't have to extend so far to level the coach.

Brett is correct when you level different coaches. However Brett you left out one very important step, "dump/level/extend slides and @*%()!". :lol: Again in the order set out by the manufacturer.

Good question and good answers.