mdrexusa

Rear View Mirror Replacement

Hey Folks,

Well, I have my 1st real question. I have a '98 Fleetwood American Dream. This afternoon, sitting in my driveway at idle, the driver's side rear view mirror's convex (the bottom part) fell out and broke. It was simply glued in and age got to it I suppose.

Does anyone know where to get a replacement mirror lens?

Thanks,

mdrexusa@netscape.net

I'll have to check and see. I guess I assumed the make and model of the Motor Home dictated the Mirror brand. But, it makes sense that the vendors would change periodically.

I'll check tomorrow.

Thanks

Welcome MDREXUSA!

RVs are interesting beasts. Fleetwood made very few of the parts that make up the whole. They made the "outside" body parts and some of the inside cabinets (maybe) but most of the parts that make up the whole were made by "other" companies. It is very possible that the company that made your mirrors may be the same company that made the mirrors for my Dutch Star.

If you are lucky, you got a book, or a tub of books showing the various parts of you motorhome and the companies that made the parts. IF NOT-- you get to soar the world wide web and try to figure out where all of the parts came from.

As Wolfe10 said RAMCO is a very good guess as to the manufacturer of your mirrors. Go to the ramco site RAMCO Mirrors and see if you can match up your mirrors. If you can't perhaps a fellow American Dream owner can help. BE SURE TO KEEP GOOD NOTES on stuff when you find it.

If you have no luck, get back on here and yell again and we will see what we can do!

Thanks to everyone who rersponded/helped. I have found the info (they are RAMCO) and have ordered the replacement lens (X2 just in case). Thanks to each of you and I will try to stay in touch.

mdrexusa

Thanks to everyone who rersponded/helped. I have found the info (they are RAMCO) and have ordered the replacement lens (X2 just in case). Thanks to each of you and I will try to stay in touch.

mdrexusa

You might ask RAMCO what glue they use and if they have changed it since your coach was made. They may have had a problem with one glue over another. (Or it was assembled on a Monday and the glue guy might have had too many adult beverages over the weekend.) :lol: