Sign in to follow this  
supersquid571

Windshield Leak On Monaco Diplomat

I have a 2008 Monaco Diplomat (single-piece windshield).

Recently started having small rainwater leaks on both the driver and passenger sides.

Anyone have any information on exactly how all of the rubber pieces fit together so I can figure out precisely where to put the sealant? (I have been told to use black urethane.)

We had a similar problem on our 2008 Diplomat because Monaco did not install the cap properly during manufacturing. The solution was to rework fiberglass cap upper corners. It took a coordinated effort between the glass people and the fiberglass shop. I would recommend Guarantee RV on OR. The glass people said using a sealant might work but no guarantee.

To answer your question about the rubber seal. The seal has an outer grove which locks into the fiberglass. The windshield fits into another inter grove which is locked in by locking cord which you see around the outer perimeter of the glass. When a windshield is replaced the rubber seal does not normally get removed. The locking cord is removed an the glass is pulled outward or pushed from the inside out.