Sign in to follow this  
stargazr

Air Dump Not Working

I am new to motorhoming, so please help me out here.

I purchased a '06 Holiday Rambler Neptune. I'm going through all of it's functions, and it appears the air dump function is not working. Nothing happens when I activate the switch.

Am I looking for a malfunctioning solenoid near the air tank? The fuse is OK, not broken. I also cannot find any reference to the function in the owners manual.

Please help.

Thanks

I formerly had both a '99 and '04 Holiday Rambler Endeavor and the procedure on those units was to have the engine shut down, the parking brake set, the ignition key turned to the left for accessory, and then turn on the power for the leveling system before you press the "Air Dump Switch" to lower the coach. Neither of those coaches had the exact chassis as your Neptune but I would expect the process to be quite similar. There should be some instructions for your coach as a part of the instructions for leveling and extending the slides in your owners manual. All of this is working from my memory, which is certifiably lacking in recall of anything more than 30 minutes in the past but give it a try.

Good Luck

Ed

I finally found a reference to it in the manual, and all it says is turn the key to "acc" like you said, and activate the switch. It's still not activating. Do you think it could be a relay or an air release valve failing? It's not doing anything at all.

You did not say that you followed navydad89's parking brake suggestion. Did you have the parking brake on as navydad89 said?

I did follow his instructions, and the parking brake was set, yes. Still no activation going on.

This morning my wife & I went out to see if we could find anything more about this problem. It's either a solenoid or air release valve "clicking" in the front of the HM firewall. As the switch is activated it "Clicks". It has screens and an air line going to it, so I am suggesting this is the problem. Now, where on earth will I get a replacement? Or...can I take it apart and clean it? It is marked;

KIP INC.

Valve No. 6 x 1014

Orifice 5/64 x 5/64

12 Volts 4904

MOPD 175 Wats 10

I've added a picture of it here.

If you can help me, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

This morning my wife & I went out to see if we could find anything more about this problem. It's either a solenoid or air release valve "clicking" in the front of the HM firewall. As the switch is activated it "Clicks". It has screens and an air line going to it, so I am suggesting this is the problem. Now, where on earth will I get a replacement? Or...can I take it apart and clean it? It is marked;

KIP INC.

Valve No. 6 x 1014

Orifice 5/64 x 5/64

12 Volts 4904

MOPD 175 Wats 10

I've added a picture of it here.

If you can help me, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I had the same problem with my 98 Windsor. I found that Dirt Dobbers had built their mud huts in the solenoid exhaust port. I found the nest as I was removing the solenoids for replacement. After cleaning the port my dump worked fine. You can and I did purchase filter screens for the ports.

Hope this helps. :)

If your wanting to dump the air on the air bags there is an air dump button on the HWH air leveling control pad. If you push this it will dump the air on the air system but not the tanks. I think the other dump switch will dump the air to the air brakes if the parking brake is not set. Of course the air to the brakes is already dumped when the parking brake is activated. Just my 2 cents.

If your wanting to dump the air on the air bags there is an air dump button on the HWH air leveling control pad. If you push this it will dump the air on the air system but not the tanks. I think the other dump switch will dump the air to the air brakes if the parking brake is not set. Of course the air to the brakes is already dumped when the parking brake is activated. Just my 2 cents.

My air dump actually has a toggle switch, seperate from the leveling control panel. Through much research, and help from the forum replies, and the people @ Warden Fluid Dynamics, I located a solenoid air release valve replacement, whew..., last valve they had on hand. It is NOW WOKING correctly!!! I'll tell you what, this MH business is all new to me. Very strange to have to sift through forums, trying different things, and calling company after company to locate parts. Anyway, it all worked out. Thanks much for all help & suggestions here. I'm not afraid to ASK for help, I just won't be much help, aparently, for quite a while to any of you. But...if I know the answer, I will be glad to return the help.

Thank you all....

I'm not sure which chassis you have but if its on a Freightliner you can call 24/7, 1-800-FTL-HELP with the last six numbers of your VIN and they can be a world of help.