Sign in to follow this  
LynsayPilotFlyingJ

Pilot Flying J - Official Info

Hello FMCA Members,

I have started this thread with the blessing of the FMCA forum moderators for questions about Pilot Flying J's RV Frequent Fueler Program.

If you need help with a specific RV incident, please send an email to RV@pilotflyingj.com with the following info:

a. Your RV Real Value or Frequent Fueler number.

b. The transaction number from your receipt.

c. A short narrative explaining your concern.

d. The names of PFJ people you talked to.

e. Date and place the transaction occurred.

f. Your name, email address, and phone number registered with your RV card account.

For all other questions/comments please contact PFJ directly at Pilot Flying J Customer Service.

The following two links should be read before posting questions about PFJ's RV Frequent Fueler Program. They answer most questions.

1) http://pilotflyingj.com/rv-home - Please be sure you understand and follow the fueling process outlined in the RV section of our website at this link. If the process is not followed, discounts and cash price may be lost for that transaction.

2) http://www.frequentf...radvantage.com/ - Follow this link to register your RV Frequent Fueler Card (or the RV Real Value Card from Flying J before the merger). From this site you can register a card, create an online account, and check back on your online account.

Below is general information regarding fueling for RVers at Pilot Flying J:

1. You must register your PFJ card (your old Flying J card or one of the new orange RV cards provided by all PFJ stores) to activate the Pump Start Feature at the truck diesel islands.

2. At the truck pumps, the first screen may ask for an ICC #. Just insert your registered RV Frequent Fueler Card and follow the instructions on the screen.

3. In AZ discounts are not allowed or require a different process. Signage at these location needs to be read to understand what is available and how to acquire a discount. Due to regulations in NJ and WI, PFJ is unable to give any fuel discounts at locations in these states. Specific tax regulations in IN and OR are currently preventing us from processing discounts at the truck diesel lanes. We are working on a solution. Until we reach this solution, you will need to use the RV lanes to obtain your discount in these 2 states.

4. There is no ability to process credit cards at the truck pumps. PFJ is looking at allowing this in the future.

5. When paying for fuel pumped at the truck diesel pump, present your payment method and your registered RV frequent fueler card to the cashier. The net cash price (discount and cash price) was displayed at the pump, once the pump recognizes you are a frequent fueler. It will not be broken out as line items on the receipt, but reflected in the overall total.

The following are additional items and assumes one has a registered PFJ RV Real Value Card or RV Frequent Fueler Card:

1. The Pump Start feature is available immediately once your card is registered. There is no 500-gallon minimum before the feature activates.

2. Pump $ cutoffs:

2a. VISA Auto/Car Lanes = $150.

2b. VISA RV Lanes = $495.

2c. MC, Discover, AMEX Auto/Car & RV Lanes = $75.

2d. Payment method does not matter at the truck pumps. Truck Pumps = $750.

3. Payment method is not a factor for starting the truck pump.

4. Payment method in cash or check at the RV/Auto pumps will require one to go into the store to get the pump started.

5. There are no limits on the amount of discounts one can earn.

By golly, I think I've got it! My only question is, once I've registered my card online, do I still have to register for "pump start" at a show or with a cashier at a PFJ location or does the online registration accomplish this? The web site is vague.

I got the impression that online registration of your card activated the Pump Start feature. There was a box on the "My Portal" page that had the heading Pump Start. Under it, my card was listed with the word "Activated" beside it. So I believe I'm good to go. I have a trip planned with my C5500 Kodiak turbodiesel, which has an 80 gallon tank, so I certainly hope so.

Guest BillAdams

Flying J used to have truck diesel and auto (RV) diesel prices on the website. It appears that has been sent the way of the Dodo bird but it was a valuable asset especially if you were traveling in OR, IN, or AZ where the auto/RV price is substantially different than the published price.

Any chance you could bring that back to at least give us a chance at making a fair comparison?

Guest BillAdams

Or my preferred "Printer Friendly Version": http://www.pilottrav...nateViews=false

Bill,

Your ad blocker may be preventing you from opening the page.

Brett

The page will open but I still only see the truck pricing for diesel listed. Auto/RV pricing is quite a bit different in IN, AZ and OR (maybe others). There used to be a separate page for auto/RV diesel pricing.

Hi ronnewsam and DarinCox,

To activate the pump start feature (at the truck diesel pumps) one does need to take their PFJ Frequent Fueler Card (or the old RV Real Value Card) to a PFJ cashier. They will need to see your driver's license. They will enter information from the license into their computer. Once completed the pump start feature is immediately available for your use.

Once you have the pump start feature, treat your Frequent Fueler card the same as a credit card. If you loose it or lend it and the card is associated with a drive off fuel theft, guess who PFJ will come after to collect the $s? If you loose the card report it lost to PFJ immediately.

Hi JerryBrock,

Welcome to the FMCA forum. Please read post #1. Send the detail information you have that is mentioned in post #1, to the email address mentioned in the post(RV@pilotflyingj.com). The people that staff this email have the ability to look at individual customer accounts/records. They can correct a problem and communicate directly with you via email.

Hello FMCA Members,

1. The Pump Start feature is available immediately once your card is registered. There is no 500-gallon minimum before the feature activates.

2. Pump $ cutoffs:

2a. VISA Auto/Car Lanes = $150.

2b. VISA RV Lanes = $495.

2c. MC, Discover, AMEX Auto/Car & RV Lanes = $75.

2d. Payment method does not matter at the truck pumps. Truck Pumps = $750.

3. Payment method is not a factor for starting the truck pump.

4. Payment method in cash or check at the RV/Auto pumps will require one to go into the store to get the pump started.

5. There are no limits on the amount of discounts one can earn.

Just this past week while traveling through Texas I tried to use my Frequest Fueler Card (previously registered online) at one of the Flying J stores only to find out that the card was apparently defective and neither card reader at the pump nor inside could properly identify it. The manager was very helpful and provided me with a cash rebate equal to the difference between the credit and cash price plus the 3 cent per gallon rebate. While at the store I picked up a new card and registered it online that night. A couple of days later (still in Texas) I again tried to use the card at a Flying J but this time at the RV/Auto pump. The card worked fine and the price per gallon reflected properly. The only problem was that the pump limited my MC card to $100. When I asked the manager if this limit applied to all credit cards I was told that was correct. Is Flying J still in the process of updating these limits (especially for Visa at $495) or is there something special that I do not know about for Texas. Also, since I had not yet activated Pump Start on this card I requested this be done and was told that it would become active after midnight on that day. Again, not sure if this was do to some other technical issues or not but just stating that in my case it was not "immediate".

The basic problems I have been encountering in the past few months have been: Pilot sites want us to use the Pilot Fueler Cards (not FJ RV Fueler Cards), FlyingJ RV Cards are NOT recognized at the RV Island Pumps, station Managers (both Pilot & FlyingJ) pass the blame to Corp. for the RV Fueler Cards NOT working in the card readers (both FJ & Pilot), even after registering my DL with the FJ Manager the pump auto-start feature DOES NOT WORK at the FJ RV Fuel Island, and lack of basic instructions should be posted at the RV Islands - ie: insert credit card first, RV Fueler card second.

Come on FlyingJ and Pilot you can do a better job. Lastly, it is not clear (at least to me) on the Real Value Member website what the dollar/gallon limits are for the Pump Start Procedure at the RV Fuel Island. My coach has a 200 gal diesel tank, so at the current price of $4.00/gal, I may have a $800+ fill. Since I have registered my DL with a FlyingJ Manager, does this mean I can swipe my FlyingJ RV Member Card at the RV Fuel Island and the pump will allow me to fill my tank?

Hi sjmondl,

Welcome to the FMCA forums. If you require diesel fuel, why would you go to the RV lanes (unless you need propane or dumping waste)? Consider going to the truck pumps. I use only the truck pumps. I have the old RV Real Value card, from the J. It was registered on line and then with a PFJ cashier for the pump start feature. My card has worked as advertised at Pilot and J stations.

I'm not sure what PFJ can do with the information in your post. Do you have details of the transactions. Post #1 provides the information PFJ needs to help correct any concern you may have. Post #1 also provides an email address one can send their concern to. The staff that monitors this email address has the ability to look at your account details and past history. They can communicate directly with you via email. Post #1 also provides a link to the PFJ web page that provides details of the fueling process one needs to follow.

The part of your post indicating the pump cut off amounts seems clear about how many $s one can pump. What is it that you do not understand? At the truck pumps (the highest $s limit = $750). The answer to your questions is no. You will not be able to pump $800 worth of fuel at any of the fueling choices.

Lots of luck getting that discount. I have traveled coast to coast using Flying J. Lately i was in Kentucky and got 93 gals at a Pilot, which advertised $4.05/gallon. I went thru truck lanes and gave my credit card plus Flyin J RV Value card to start pump to the manager. After leaving and checking receipt he charged me $4.11/gal(the credit price). I could have filled up down the street at BP for $4.06/gal and forget the hassel. This also happened in Georgia on the previous fill. BE CAREFUL $$$$$

Hi PAVLAS,

Go to post #1. There are links to the RV Frequent fueler web site. The procedure to follow is provided. If the procedure is not followed,,,,to the letter, discounts may be lost for that transaction. The procedure is not difficult, but must be followed.

In addition, post #1 provides an email address and the information PFJ needs to research your concern. Send them all the information you can about the transaction that did not go as planned. They will communicate directly with you, via email.

PAVLAS - since FlyingJ, which used to be the best price in town, has been taken over by Pilot, generally the highest price in town, I've found it easier and cheaper to just fuel elsewhere. Even if you get the discount you can do better down the road. I have a Fuel Optimization program that I use that tells me where to buy and how much to buy along my planned route to get the best prices for the trip. If you're looking for info on Fuel Op - www.fulltimerz.com and look in the HAVE OFFICE WILL TRAVEL forum I'll post the details there for anyone who's interested in saving money.

Guest BillAdams

$9.95/month to use the program? That's stiff if all you are going to use it for is to check fuel prices. I think I will stick with gasbuddy.com, dieselboss.com and the PFJ website. I may not always get it right but I should get it right most of the time.

Hi sjmondl,

Welcome to the FMCA forums. If you require diesel fuel, why would you go to the RV lanes (unless you need propane or dumping waste)? Consider going to the truck pumps. I use only the truck pumps. I have the old RV Real Value card, from the J. It was registered on line and then with a PFJ cashier for the pump start feature. My card has worked as advertised at Pilot and J stations.

I'm not sure what PFJ can do with the information in your post. Do you have details of the transactions. Post #1 provides the information PFJ needs to help correct any concern you may have. Post #1 also provides an email address one can send their concern to. The staff that monitors this email address has the ability to look at your account details and past history. They can communicate directly with you via email. Post #1 also provides a link to the PFJ web page that provides details of the fueling process one needs to follow.

The part of your post indicating the pump cut off amounts seems clear about how many $s one can pump. What is it that you do not understand? At the truck pumps (the highest $s limit = $750). The answer to your questions is no. You will not be able to pump $800 worth of fuel at any of the fueling choices.

Hi, garykd,

I choose to go to the RV fuel islands for the dump station. I do much "dry camping" and visit very few campgrounds, hence those dump stations come in handy. And I like the RV fuel island as they generally are cleaner (less diesel fuel all over the ground). Maybe the station staff work harder keeping clean the RV islands - more so than they do at the truck lanes. Hate tracking diesel fuel on coach carpeting.

If you would have read my post clearer, my specific inquiry was directed regarding the Pump Start Procedure at the RV Fuel Island and NOT the pump cut off $$ amounts that you indicated in your reply. Two totally different topics garykd.

And yes, I have registered my FJ RV Card online. Profile updated, too. Been a cardholder for 15+ years. Even took my DL & presented it to a FJ station manager so the "Pump Start Procedure" would be enabled. I have emailed PFJ with the specifics. I failed to mention that in my previous post. But tks for mentioning it.

And yes, I can pump $800+ in fuel - all you got to do is have your credit card company enable it!

HI-Again !!

Gary I did follow procedures. Go to general info para #5. That's the procedure I followed & it did not work. Appears we need employee training--that's not difficult. I must agree with "TRKRHELP" on this one and just check on down the road.

Hi sjmondl,

It is unfortunate you took offense at my post.

I answered the question you asked, which was:

"Since I have registered my DL with a FlyingJ Manager, does this mean I can swipe my FlyingJ RV Member Card at the RV Fuel Island and the pump will allow me to fill my tank?"

The Frequent Fueler Card will allow you to pump to the limits posted at the PFJ site. There was no mention of the payment method in your question. If your CC company allows a higher limit, good for you.

As to the fueling procedures at the different fueling choices, they are clearly documented at the PFJ link in post #1. They are also clearly displayed if one was to read the monitor when starting the fueling process. There could be some confusion at the truck pumps, but since you do not fuel there, there is no need to elaborate here.

Providing PFJ information for the pump start feature is for the truck pumps. The payment method starts the pumps at the RV and auto fueling choices.

I have the old Flying J RV Real Value Card. If has never failed to work as advertised. This is true for Pilot and Flying J stations.

Hi PAVLAS,

There may be some confusion as to the procedure at the truck pumps. There is only one process to ensure one obtains the cash price and Frequent Fueler discount. That process is:

1. Insert the frequent fueler card (the pump may ask for a ICC #, just insert the Frequent Fueler Card).

2. Please read the display. One will need to press a button or two as the display provides instructions.

3. The pump will recognize you as a Frequent Fueler customer and the pump price/gallon will drop to reflect the cash price and FF discount.

4. If the pump price does not do this you will not receive the discount.

5. When fueling is complete, pull forward.

6. Present your payment method and FF card to the cashier. Tell them you are paying for fuel on pump XX.

7. Your receipt will show the gallons pumped and the price per gallon. The price per gallon should be the same as the reduced price shown at the pump.

This procedure is documented at the link in post #1.

Guest BillAdams

I do not believe that the price on the pump will drop. All adjustments will be taken care of at the register but I have yet to ever see the cash price and/or discount show up at the pump.

Just to clarify the difference between using the truck lanes and the RV lanes.

RV lanes:

Swipe your CC FIRST and when prompted swipe your PFJ card.

Truck lanes:

Swipe your PFJ card ONLY and the pumps will start. Pay inside.

Hi Bill,

Believe what you want. What I stated is true for the truck pumps.

Notice the pump price before inserting your registered and pump start activated Frequent Fueler Card.

While fueling, notice the pump price. It will be as I posted.

Next time you fuel, check it out and post here.

Having read several comments concerning FlyingJ/Pilot fueler program (lots of negativity) I decided to comment. We have been traveling since May 1st and have fueled exclusively at FJ and Pilot. Happy to report that each time I inserted our FJ card at the truck pump it was intantly approved with directions to fuel and pay inside. The part that is great is we get "cash" price plus 3cents off of cash price. Worked every time, hassel free. Thanks FJ and Pilot

Jim