Sign in to follow this  
LynsayPilotFlyingJ

Pilot Flying J - Official Info

Used the discount card for the first time today. I had to register it at a location as it would not accept the card number on line. Simple process.

Swiped credit card, swiped savings card and selected gas grade. 2 cent discount appeared on the pump. Now for some good news regarding card limits. It may just be the location that I was at which was west of Monroe La, but the limits on the pump showed:

Visa $150

Mastercard $100

American Express $100

I only had to go through the process twice to fill up my vehicle. At least it's not the old $75 limit!

Planocat

Guest BillAdams

It varies by location. We made the mistake of pulling into the RV lanes in Eloy, AZ and it was a $75 limit.

Well, folks, it seems that we can all throw away our Frequent Fueler and MyRewards RV cards. In order to obtain PFJ discounts in the near future, we'll have to become members of that "other" (GS) association. Excerpted from their forum (RV.NET):

"What is the status of the RV MyRewards card?

The old RV Real Value, RV Frequent Fueler Advantage, and RV MyRewards cards will no longer be issued by Pilot Flying J. That being said, all RV loyalty cards currently in use will remain active for the next several months. Going forward, the only way to receive fuel discounts will be through joining Good Sam Club and using either the new Swipe & Save Good Sam Club Membership card or applying for the Pilot Flying J RV Plus Charge Card."

What happened to the relationship between FMCA & PFJ? When Flying J was around, they were at every major Reunion and Regional meeting, and you received an RV FFA or RV MyRewards card automatically in your FMCA membership packet.

Now, PFJ has tied up exclusively with the GS/CW/Affinity organization, and FMCA has lost another major membership benefit.

We originally joined FMCA for many reasons, not the least of which was the free Emergency Medical Transportation Assistance policy, as well as the FJ fuel discounts. Now, FMCA Assist is an option for pay -- which is now included in my CoachNet policy for half the cost of FMCA Assist; and now we're losing the fuel discounts, as well.

It's getting to the point that, if it weren't for our local chapter and regional get-togethers that we enjoy, there's going to be no reason remaining to stay FMCA members -- and we're 2nd generation members, so we're even more reluctant to leave FMCA!

FMCA has contacted Pilot Flying J and they confirmed that the My Rewards RV cards are being discontinued. Any active My Rewards RV cards can still be using until January, 2015. Pilot Flying J is partnered with the Good Sam Club for fuel discounts so FMCA has discontinued promoting this benefit.

The FMCAssist medical evacuation coverage is available to all FMCA members for assistance services. By purchasing the yearly coverage through FMCAssist and Seven Corners, you receive a plan that covers costs associated with the services. The yearly fee is $85 for one person or $105 for two people or family. The coverage is available worldwide and you can travel in any type vehicle so it is not limited to motorhome travel only.

We feel that we have many other benefits that make the membership worthwhile such as the monthly magazine, campground discounts, Michelin tire discount, Fantasy RV Tours and Caravans discount, advocacy, etc. We feel the most important benefit is the camaraderie and fellowship of the association members.

FMCA has contacted Pilot Flying J and they confirmed that the My Rewards RV cards are being discontinued. Any active My Rewards RV cards can still be using until January, 2015. Pilot Flying J is partnered with the Good Sam Club for fuel discounts so FMCA has discontinued promoting this benefit.

The FMCAssist medical evacuation coverage is available to all FMCA members for assistance services. By purchasing the yearly coverage through FMCAssist and Seven Corners, you receive a plan that covers costs associated with the services. The yearly fee is $85 for one person or $105 for two people or family. The coverage is available worldwide and you can travel in any type vehicle so it is not limited to motorhome travel only.

We feel that we have many other benefits that make the membership worthwhile such as the monthly magazine, campground discounts, Michelin tire discount, Fantasy RV Tours and Caravans discount, advocacy, etc. We feel the most important benefit is the camaraderie and fellowship of the association members.

I don't think it has a thing to do with FMCA. I think we can thank certain Flying J / Pilot ex-employees who scammed many trucking companies and their own company. The $85 million dollar settlement really hurt Flying J / Pilot, not just in the pocket book, but their integrity too.

Flying J, in the past, was my "go to" fuel stop. Since joining Pilot, it is now my station of last resort. I stopped at one this past Monday in Oak Grove, Kentucky and followed the notice on the pump to use my rewards card. The pump didn't prompt me to enter my Flying J Rewards card, and after pumping, the pump didn't print a receipt. I hate it when a receipt is not printed at the pump, but this seems to be common now at Flying J. I went inside, waited in the always long line, and got my discount and receipt from a clerk.

Since my rig is gas, I now use Sams Club as my "go to" fuel stop.

Sam