tomspada

Dash Warning Lights And Gauges Not Working

Hi, I have a 2006 Sportcoach Encore.

I started the engine and the warning buzzard and gauges did not work. Also the warning and prompt indicator lights did not light up at the start of the engine, however the lights started to blink from the upper left to the bottom left.

Does anyone know what this could be? the gauges that are not working include both air gauges, fuel levels, tach, and speedometer.

Tom

I had a similar problem with my 2005 Freightliner Chassis diesel pusher.

My dial gauges always worked but the 16 or so dashboard warning lights would flash continuously and the on board computer display panel would malfunction. The service technicians couldn't figure out what was causing the problem. They even replaced the warning light display module. I eventually discovered that the problem only occurred when I did not fully depress the brake pedal when starting the engine, or when there was low air pressure in the air brake system when I started the engine. If I start the engine after the air has been dumped all the waring lights will cycle and flash again. Once the air pressure has been fully restored, I turn off the engine and then restart it with the brake pedal fully depressed and everything works properly.

Tom,

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Give Freightliner (Gaffney) a call: 800 385-4357. There are several well-known causes of complete gauge package malfunction on that chassis. They can walk you through the diagnostics.