Sign in to follow this  
Guest Wayne77590

Hardeeville RV park, S.C.

Guest Wayne77590

Campgrounds have many visitors, and their opinions are just that - their opinion.

Here is my opinion of Hardeeville RV

We have found a few gems on our trip, and Hardeeville RV is one of them. I read the reviews on RV Park Reviews and all of them said that this was a no frills park. Well, I think it depends on what "no frills" means.

Do you want open space for satellite, or do you want a treed area? This CG has both, and the owners will do their best to accommodate you. I asked for a treed area, away from the main road. After all it has free cable, why bother with the satellite.

There are washer and dryers. Vending machine with 65 cent canned drinks, walking trails and very large pull through sites. No, there are not cement pads. No there are no paved roads. The sites are gravel and/or grass. It is a rustic, nature lovers ideal campground. If you like to walk there are numerous roads throughout the CG. The large pull through sites may test you driving skills a little. Immediately out my windshield is a large pine tree, about 20 feet away. When I leave I have to pull to the right a little and go through a two pine tree opening, across the grassy field to the road leaving out.

We love it!!!!

As I walked across the road to the vending machine, there is a freezer chest, small in size, with bags of ice contained inside. On the wall above the chest is a lock box and it says, "Ice, $1" This is country living close to many attractions in the neighboring cities.

I don't think children would like it much here, except that there are a lot of woods to explore, deep woods. Extremely tall pine trees, and other types of trees.

The host(s) are very gracious.

Oh! And did I mention it is Passport America CG, so you only pay $16 and some change a night!!

Happy Trails.