kalynzoo

Extended Warranty From Wholesalewarranty.net

I am looking into an extended warranty offered by Wholesalewarranty.net. They are suggesting a warranty backed by American Bankers Insurance administered by Allegence.

I personally like extended warranties, and have kept one on all of my previous motorhomes.

Just wondering if anyone has had an experience with this company?

Thanks,

Gary

I'd check them out with the BBB before I entered into any contract. Get information about the date of business incorporation, etc.

We're in the Wentzville, MO area. Perhaps you have heard of US Fidelis?? Their headquarters were here in Wentzville. They were big in extended auto warranties a couple of years ago, advertising on TV, NASCAR driver endorsement, it was a bogus operation... They went bankrupt, the owner took the money and ran with it. There was a big bankruptcy sale several months ago. They auctioned off lots of luxury items, Hummers, Boats, etc. The people who had contracts got pennies on the dollar if anything. The state of MO is considering regulating this kind of company, even with an R Governor! That's how bad it was...

I'm not big on extended warranties. US Fidelis is a worst case example. I'd be very suspicious of any new entry into the business. If a deal seems to be good to be true, it probably is!

I have had a couple of EW from Wholesale Warranties. They change underwriters often but I am convinced they vet the underwriters very well. I am well ahead on my MH policy and absolutely trouble free. I would never buy EW on an just an appliance or like but a diesel pusher, yes! Also they had the best prices.

I do extended warranty inspections for them.

They have always treated me well as an inspector and the inspection process takes between two, to three and a half hours to complete depending on any problems I find and the owner's familiarity with the coach.

I think the inspections I do are well worth the initial cost of the insurance based on the problems I have found and helped the owners solve to get their warranty.

My eyes see things that others seem to miss.

I was formally trained as both a technician and an inspector after my retirement.

I looked into this Wholesale Warranties. I did contact them several times. But always got that the coverage only is for original equipment so if you upgrade anything you out of luck and if you add anything the same. You also have to do the repairs in there approved facilities and I rather do my own. Not looking to get my time paid only the equipment.

I responded to a offer where the only cover the drive drain but did not get a response I guess this does not make them enough money.

On 5/13/2011 at 2:58 PM, kalynzoo said:

I am looking into an extended warranty offered by Wholesalewarranty.net. They are suggesting a warranty backed by American Bankers Insurance administered by Allegence.

I personally like extended warranties, and have kept one on all of my previous motorhomes.

Just wondering if anyone has had an experience with this company?

Thanks,

Gary

I asked for a quote but was turned down because I live in California, so you might have to go elsewhere for extend warranty insurance,

I am on the side that self insures. Put what you would pay for the warranty aside in a savings account. I have seen to many exclusions and denials when reading the fine print, that I am saving money.

Bill  

Have had Wholesale Warranties for over 2 years and so far have covered everything without question.  Sent out an inspector a couple of times but also have authorized work over the phone.  The previous warranty we had questioned everything.  Happy so far.  I believe they were a fairly new company when we signed on with them.

Dennis

7 minutes ago, dfgroth said:

Have had Wholesale Warranties for over 2 years and so far have covered everything without question.  Sent out an inspector a couple of times but also have authorized work over the phone.  The previous warranty we had questioned everything.  Happy so far.  I believe they were a fairly new company when we signed on with them.

Dennis

Welcome to the forum Dennis. 

"I asked for a quote but was turned down because I live in California."

I have done about a dozen inspections in California. I live in the Bay Area. So, I find that statement by richs050 to be confusing. 

I have an extended warranty through Wholesale Warranty. I spoke to my rep only a few times, but rather asked all my questions by email. I then printed out all the answers and have them with my policy.  This way, I should never get into a "he said, she said" situation, as I will have everything in writing. I have had 2 claims so far and both were  handled very well. As others have said it really is not a warranty but rather an insurance policy. So, you can check the rating of the carrier by going to the AMBest ratings agency. In your case here if it is American Bankers of Florida:  http://www3.ambest.com/ratings/entities/CompanyProfile.aspx?ambnum=120&URatingId=2286273&AltNum=0 You can see they have been around since the 50's so probably aren't going anywhere, and their assets are over $1 Billion which is not huge but coupled with their longevity would certainly make me comfortable. As to getting work done in their approved facilities, I was told they will work with any facility that goes by a certain type of book rate which off the top I cannot remember. But before purchasing, I called all the RV Service centers in the area and could not find even one that did not use that "book rate", and every one of them said they would accept that book rate for payment. Good luck with your decision.

Bob

Hi, everybody! I, too, have been researching this firm, and trying to make a decision for an upcoming first-time RV (Unity by Leisure Travel Vans -- due for delivery mid-October). You can use the free access codes from the warranty company to login at AM Best: UserName = customer@wholesalewarranties.com; Password = wwcustomer2. This pulls up the full report on American Bankers Insurance Company, and -- checking today -- they have an A/Excellent Rating with AM Best. Plus an A+ Rating at BBB for Wholesale Warranties -- not that I take BBB ratings as gospel (they do charge merchants to participate in their rating system, after all).

But I'm concerned about the high cost. $5,484 for 84 Months, or 70,000 Miles for a brand new Class B+ coach. Or $4,936 if paid in full, up-front. Yowza! I live in Maryland.

Where I see Wholesale Warranties fitting in is the contact with the associated insurance company, and the repair facilities. In theory, they eliminate the run-around. I do like the "everything is covered which is specifically NOT covered"-type policy. Reviews at BBB's website seem stellar -- again, I take these with a grain of salt.

1 hour ago, Balderdash said:

Hi, everybody! I, too, have been researching this firm, and trying to make a decision for an upcoming first-time RV (Unity by Leisure Travel Vans -- due for delivery mid-October). You can use the free access codes from the warranty company to login at AM Best: UserName = customer@wholesalewarranties.com; Password = wwcustomer2. This pulls up the full report on American Bankers Insurance Company, and -- checking today -- they have an A/Excellent Rating with AM Best. Plus an A+ Rating at BBB for Wholesale Warranties -- not that I take BBB ratings as gospel (they do charge merchants to participate in their rating system, after all).

But I'm concerned about the high cost. $5,484 for 84 Months, or 70,000 Miles for a brand new Class B+ coach. Or $4,936 if paid in full, up-front. Yowza! I live in Maryland.

Where I see Wholesale Warranties fitting in is the contact with the associated insurance company, and the repair facilities. In theory, they eliminate the run-around. I do like the "everything is covered which is specifically NOT covered"-type policy. Reviews at BBB's website seem stellar -- again, I take these with a grain of salt.

Welcome to the forum Balderdash. I am wondering, doesn't the new coach come with a warranty? I would put the $5,484 in a savings account instead of buying a warranty for something that should be covered by the manufacturer.

I would get Coach Net to help with any problems along the road.

Bill

Yes, like all of them, there's a warranty. Of sorts. I'll need to see what it covers, and for how long. I keep getting warned that everything is covered by a separate warranty with that specific manufacturer. And getting service is a hassle, etc. I'm to knew at this to know, for sure, what to believe. Just making the decision to buy the RV was full of falsehoods and innuendos. Much less, dealing with the warranty and insurance questions.

As Bill said.  That witch the manufacturer builds is covered for X amount of time and/or mileage, just like a car.  All other components are also covered for X amount of time and each one has their own Warranty !

I have always put the amount of $$$ in a separate account, just like Bill does...the account now is big enough to buy a new coach.  40+ years !   When you see the cost off fixing or replacing a component, as advertised by the various extended Warranty Co's. out there....it is at a highly inflated cost by them, to get you the consumer, to buy their product !  Kind of like pre purchasing a $20, 000 casket to be cremated in !:wacko:

Insurance rates are based upon, where you are licensed, (in some cases not)  and/or keep the RV.  Also, amount off coverage...most folks are way over covered in car and RV, unless they think they will hit a Ferrari or Bentley! :P:rolleyes:

Carl

Balderdash.

My thought is that new to RV owners often feel more comfortable with a warranty, both new and extended.  Some have been very happy with the results and for them the cost was justified.

Just one last thought. I think I have done somewhere in the range of 12 to 20 motorhome extended warranty inspections. None of the extended warranty buyers seemed to have much RV technical knowledge, even those having previously owned an RV. Many of the members who post to various threads on this site seem to be much more actively involved and curious about their motorhomes, in comparison.

With your extensive knowledge of everything RV  and being a licensed Inspector.  Why would you even want an Extended Warranty?    

Let it be agreed by me that good to horrible service and parts wait times, warranty disputes, and good to horrible service experiences have been experienced by owners who go to dealers with a new or extended warranty, for repairs. 

No, I don't plan on buying an extended warranty for myself for the used dp motorhome I will buy, despite my support for warranties. That is the result of and the benefit of up-skilling oneself in this industry to deal directly, myself, with the issues I have set forth above. 

And that is why I'm always encouraging owners to find a way to up-skill themselves as well, even if not to the extent I did. 

The logic being that the more DIY skills I have, the less likely I feel the need for a new or extended warranty for myself, or even a new MH. 

(As in today new, first user)

Thank you.  That's informative!  Individually we can't fix all things on this Forum, but collectively we can and over the years. been able to find an answer to most problems that are a DIY item.  We don't always hear back from the OP!  Sad, but a lot off folks forget because their back on the road...that's life and that's generally when we go off on another tangent, as in joke around. :)

FMCA members tend to let us know if the item got fixed.  Just Forum members, not so much.

Carl

Just out of curiosity, are there any extended warranty companies that offer coverage for structural type issues...like leaks?  I had a 5th wheel that developed leaks due to poor assembly practices at the factory (that was the diagnosis from the repair shop) and now I am seeing things like this on my 8-month new motorhome. I do the inspections and try to catch things early but I may very well miss something along the way. Yes it's still under factory warranty but I am really concerned about everything after the twelve months runs out. I could just have the thing coated with that spray-on roof sealer but how would I get in and out? ?

Who made the coach you have now?  I would take it back to factory immediately, if that is not possible for you, then take it to the dealer you bought it from!  I would not worry about extended warranty until after the coach is fixed!

If you read all the warranty info that came with your coach, you will find out that different components have different length of under warranty! 

I can't imagine anyone covering leaks because by the time one discovers a leak a tremendous amount of water damage may have already occurred AND leaks and water damage are pretty common it seems...AND there is always a question of what other problems will stem from it. 

By the way, the point the finger at someone else seems to be one of the best games to play in this industry...and understandably so. I still think that owners are the ones who need to up their game substantially But, as Car C."might" say to me, RVers just wanna have fun.

Pascal wrote in his Pensees that "for want of habit it is difficult to turn one's mind in that direction...but if one turns it hither ever so little...it is almost impossible they should escape notice." As two readers replied to the Gerber articles they noticed...having turned their newbie minds hither...1) "At least I got a great new truck, but the RV is on hold for now," 2) "I am at the point of giving up the RV and just travel in the car and stay in motels."

Lot of sense there, especially if you have never rolled the RV dice before!  I just hate other peoples bed bugs..:D  I told management that, after I found some in a suite at the Westin Hotel in LV, NV, 2 years ago...They have comp'd me ever since...2,3 times a year.