Sign in to follow this  
mjrij

Charlotte, North Carolina Area Campgrounds

We are looking for a nice campground to stay at while we tour Charlotte NC.

Has anyone ever stayed at Carowinds Camp Wilderness???

All recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Thanking you in advance.

Mikie

Hi mjrij,

If the area is why your visiting Charlotte, consider Tom Johnson's Racing Camping Center. Contact info is 704-455-4445. It is located next to the Charlotte Motor Speedway, Drag strip and Dirt Track. If there are no events, the cost is $25/night for full 50 AMP hookups. There may be a discount if you stay a week or longer. The CG has nothing to do. The area is where the entertainment comes from. This is the only place I stay when in this area (two or three times a year).

We discovered an out of the way place just north of Charlotte, Lake Norman Motorcoach Resort http://lakenormanmotorcoachresort.com/. They are located off I-77 about 10 miles west of exit 33 or 36 (between I-77 and US 321) about 20 miles from Charlotte or Charlotte Motor Speedway (Concord, NC). The park is about 3 years old, with 58 sites that overlook a cove on Lake Norman with rates running from $45 - $60 during the season. All sites are 50 Amp. The sites are either pull in or back in, there are no pull throughs. We stayed there when we relocated to Charlotte 2 years ago and absolutely loved the park, the people are friendly and helpful, check it out!