curley9946

Leveling 36ft Journey HWH

I have wondered for awhile now, if I, am using my controls in the right manner?? My HWH are hydraulic, but not auto.

Please help a new member.

Curley,

Because of the different designs used by different coach makers for suspension, jacks, slide mechanism, etc, there is no "one procedure" works for all coaches as to the proper order in which to dump air, level and extend slides.

No right or wrong order, but what may work fine on another brand coach may do damage to another brand.

Please contact Winnebago or look in your Winnebago owners manual for the proper order for YOUR coach.

IF, repeat IF someone with exactly the same coach happens to respond, that would be great, but, if not, please call Winnebago tomorrow.

Brett

I was told by Tiffin service techs to drop the levelers, then do the slide outs and reverse it when leaving. Pull in the slide outs and lift the levelers.

I have a 36 foot Winnebago Tour with HWH Leveling system. It has an Auto feature that I don't use as it was never properly set up and the necessary adjustment screws are very difficult if not impossible to access. My procedure (With coach running to preserve batteries) is:

Dump suspension air pressure (button on HWH panel).

Raise the front of the coach to "eyeball" level.

Raise the rear of coach (again to "eyeball" value.

Raise or lower right or left side as necessary to achieve an apparently level coach.

Open bathroom door about half way for final level check, adjust level system as necessary to get door so it will stay in any position.

Extend slides-- you may have to fine tune the level system after slides are out.

Shut down engine, finish hook-ups.