jfulfor2

2002 Fleetwood Revolution

I am looking into buying a 2002 Fleetwood Revolution. Does anyone have any experience with this coach? Any recommendations on what to look at when previewing the coach?

Reliability?

Thank You in Advance.

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Do you know what chassis it has? What engine? How many miles?

It is a freightliner chassis, 330hp cummins with 28,000 miles.

I have a 2003 Revolution with a 350 Cummins and Allison Trans I bought it 18 mos. ago on Ebay. It has been a great coach.

I added Tires and replaced 1 roof air unit. it had 42000 miles on it when I bought it. We discovered no real problems with the

coach other than the skylight over the shower is like a spotlight in the bedroom on most mornings. If it fits your budget and

your needs, Buy it!

Jim Trevathan

A good solid engine, transmission, chassis. Here are some detail on it: http://freightlinerchassis.com/images/pdf/Fleetwood/XC0105-2002.pdf

Check the age of the tires-- they are likely near the end of their serviceable life if not already replaced-- even if the tread is in good shape. The last 4 digits of the number molded into one sidewall of each tire beginning with DOT indicates the WEEK and YEAR the tires were made. If original, they will be close to 10 years old.

02 with only 28000 miles? nice find!

Not sure I agree. 28,000 miles in 9 years says it may have sat for a long time/very long time without use. Far harder on machinery than, say 10,000 miles a year. Remember, we are talking about a diesel powered coach here.

It is a Freightliner chassis with a Cummins 330 with 51,000 miles.

I did notice the air ride seemed to inflate slow and awning arm n strap are broken.

It has been stored outside but seems in decent shape.

Only asking $52000-- needs tires though.

Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like a good deal.

Did they have any maintenance records?

You might want to just approach it like nothing has been done for maintained in a long time. The air bag issue may be from not being used or might be a leak. Try this when you have it aired up shut off the engine and see how long it takes to leak down. If it leaks down quickly you problem have a leak.

Bill

I have 2004 Revolution 40C I bought in February of this year. I have done a few thing (replaced TV's, carpet with hardwoods, tires, added led's). It had 28,000 on the chassis and 100 in the new Cummins 350hp engine.. (Campingworld blew the engine before I bought it). So far I love it. If I can answer any questions please let me know.

(Campingworld blew the engine before I bought it)

The only experience we have had with Campingword was horrible beyond words. We took our 2007 Honda CRV to Tampa (Dover) Florida Campingworld to have a Blue Ox base plate and surge brake cable installed. Should have been a piece of cake for them.

We took it there was because NSA (the surge brake manufacturer) listed Campingworld as a distributor. I figured if they sell it, they should know how to install it. NEVER would we do business with them again. The installed it incorrectly the first try and charged us $400 to $600 more than the estimate.

On top of that, they still have not responded to a tow bill that we took over there after the CRV overheated the next day. They left the cooling fans unplugged and the car overheated. They are rude, unresponsive and have about the worst customer service I have ever experienced.