Sign in to follow this  
bairman

Attractions In Southern Alberta

We will be in Glacier National Park in late July and we are thinking of going up into Canada for maybe a week to see some of the scenery. Is there anything in the southern part of Alberta above Montana that we could visit? We will be in a 42-foot motorhome with toad. We will be going from there to Reno and then Arizona.

I detailed a number of attractions in my posting in response to a similar question, Canada/US Route Suggestions. The attractions around Calgary should all be within reach. If you have other interests, you might let us know what you'd enjoy doing. That should help us steer you to things that are of interest to you.

I detailed a number of attractions in my posting in response to a similar question, Canada/US Route Suggestions. The attractions around Calgary should all be within reach. If you have other interests, you might let us know what you'd enjoy doing. That should help us steer you to things that are of interest to you.

I followed your thread to the other areas and found some good information. We can't do a lot of walking due to some medical issues, but my wife does have an electric scooter that we use for site seeing, shopping etc. We like to see the scenery, take pictures and learn of the local history. Not sure if we will go all the way to Vancouver, but its a thought. Did you stay at any campgrounds in the Calgary/Lake Louise area? We will be in a 42' quad slide MH with toad.

Guest BillAdams

While I don't have the campground information in front of me, we stayed in both Lake Louise and Calgary (as well as Banff) with a 40' motorhome without issue. As an added benefit we were able to find a site out of (or between) the trees and were able to receive the DirecTV signal at all 3 locations.

I tried to find the names of the parks where we stayed at each venue but only came up with the Banff National Park at Lake Louise and Mountain View Farm Campground east of Calgary. Both were suitable campgrounds for our stay. We had pull through sites at both with full hook-ups. We did make reservations for the National Park as we found arriving same day we ended up in the generator only area at Jasper NP. With the reservations we were able to get a full hookup site at Lake Louise. Both campgrounds should be able to accommodate your rig.