DonaldCroner

Dish Network And King-Dome 9702-LP

I have a 07 Monaco Diplomat with a King-Dome 9702 Satellite System. I have been on Direct TV for over 2 years and find it to be satisfactoty. Today a Dish Network guy came by and we started to discuss changing from Direct to Dish. The offers, free HD for life and ohter items made me think hard about making the change.

I told him that unless my King-Dome 9702 would recieve Dish chanels I wouldn't make the change. So, in simple terms, will my 9702 get dish?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long story

Don Croner

07 Monaco diplomat 40pdq

If all else fails, call Steve Boller at King. He's very accessible and willing to help.

Contact information:

Steve Boller, owner

651-398-5555 emergency only (cell phone)

22250 Glyview Trail

Faribault, MN 55021

507-334-0250

Peter

Guest BillAdams

Yes and no. Dish Network will require you to point to 3 different satellites to get all of the programming including HD (2 without HD). The King Dome (all domes) can only point to one satellite at a time. The means you cannot use a DVR (PVR) or anything other than one single receiver at one location or you will cause conflicts. You may also have to update the hardware/software depending upon the age so it will be able to lock onto 129 or 61.5 for HD. You can contact King Controls with the dome serial number to see what would be required. You will also have to get a dealer key pad (or find a KD dealer) to reprogram the antenna to lock onto Dish Network and not DirecTV.

The advantage is that if you can get the dome setup properly and dual receivers or a dual tuner is not important you can get the HD programming with Dish Net and a dome and you cannot do this with DirecTV.

The advantage of DirecTV and a dome is that there is only one satellite and you get all of the programming but not in HD.

Guest BillAdams

Has anyone used this "Tailgater" from Dish? Would it have the moisture & rain problems of other dome units that I see complaints about. I am looking at going with Dish at home and tiring to learn what to use on the RV.

The Tailgater is just a reduced price version of the King Dome VuCube so will have the same issue as any other dome of similar size. The Tailgater is also only usable with Dish Network and only usable with the VIP211K receiver. It would not be usable should you change services in the future.