jstephens3

Best Refueling Choices

In the past, I have been a great fan, and consistent customer, of Flying J. They have been always at or below the lowest prices around. Now that they've been bought out by Pilot, the prices have gone way up. Case in point - Flying J in Seffner FL was always below even my local stations. Now the price is (website as of 13 Jun) 3.99.9 for diesel. The price right up the street from me is 3.85.9. Has anyone found a better provider of diesel fuel for RVs across the country. We are about to start a major trip (FL - WA - CA - Mexico - FL) and at 14¢ per gallon, that's quite a big difference in total costs (even with their 3¢ a gallon discount for RV Club 'frequentfuelers).

In the past, I have been a great fan, and consistent customer, of Flying J. They have been always at or below the lowest prices around. Now that they've been bought out by Pilot, the prices have gone way up. Case in point - Flying J in Seffner FL was always below even my local stations. Now the price is (website as of 13 Jun) 3.99.9 for diesel. The price right up the street from me is 3.85.9. Has anyone found a better provider of diesel fuel for RVs across the country. We are about to start a major trip (FL - WA - CA - Mexico - FL) and at 14¢ per gallon, that's quite a big difference in total costs (even with their 3¢ a gallon discount for RV Club 'frequentfuelers).

Yup...It's a real bummer as I too fueled at Flying J fanatically even while driving in the car from Cincinnati to Miami, FL. It's been a real struggle for Pilot to fold-in the Flying J stations into the Pilot "way" lousy as it is, IMHO. But, these stations are still convenient for RV's and maybe this time they won't go bankrupt. "All good things come to an end!"

I'll still try to enjoy the far fewer trips I'll be making with thesr fuel prices.

Guest BillAdams

For me the best is the cheapest and I don't "have" to have a truckstop, I just have to have good access. I keep an eye out at http://www.gasbuddy.com and try to figure out when to fill and when to bypass a station or an entire State. While 3 years ago I never fueled anywhere other than Flying J (only a very slight exaggeration) in the last year I have only fueled at a Flying J 3 or 4 times. The price is always too high, the service has gone down the toilets, I get charged to dump and I just decided it might be a good time to start a boycott.

I have never been a 'loyal' Flying J customer. I do get my propane tank filled there, however. I have a gasoline engine now and I select my refueling station by finding the low price at www.gasbuddy.com . I evaluate the distance (if any) out of the way I have to travel against the price. They do list diesel prices.

Thanks for your replies. I guess GasBuddy is the best option - and always the declining service and rising prices at Flying J at least offers convenience and advance notification of locations and prices.