bhalldorson

Fresh Water Drain Valve

Have a 2008 Fleetwood Expedition.

Appears to be about a 1" plastic ball valve that will not close completely.

Is there some water additive to keep valve lubricated?

It has always been very difficult to close.

I don't have the same equipment you have but I use plastic and also brass ball valves. When these don't close it is usually manufacturing defect. The root cause is usually because of faulty placement of the stop for the lever that operates the valve. If the lever can't turn the valve all the way closed because the stop prevents it, the stop or the lever could be modified. I've never tried to repair these as the ones I use are for hose connections and cost very little so I just trash them if they don't work. Look at the stop for the lever that operates the valve. If you can get a file or other implement in the space near that stop, file off a little of the stop or notch the lever to see if it allows the lever to completely close the valve. If not, you may want to just have the valve replaced.

I have a 2008 Bounder Diesel 38F with the same problem.

I'm thinking of replacing it so not to have it break on my next trip.

Must be an inherent problem with the manufacturer.

JohnF

Our 2006 Expedition has the same problem to an extent. When closing the valve the last few degrees of turn is extremely hard. Several times I have thought that I would break the handle. I have had the coach for 3 years and have lived in it 6 months a year. So we have used the drain valve often. If I do break it, I will replace it with a large brass ball valve.