Sign in to follow this  
dougfmjax

Battery Light On Dash Flashes Intermittently

I'm a new RV'er. I purchased a 2008 Tiffin Allegro Open Road, with a Ford Triton chassis. On the dashboard, there is a light in the form of a battery that flashes from time to time. It appears to happen when I'm on the highway, going through slightly rolling countryside along the interstate. As near as I can tell, it tends to happen only when on the down side. I've checked all the batteries and all connections are tight. The water levels are good in all batteries.

Any ideas?

When you pass the crest of the hill and start downhill, you are probably decellerating (reducing throttle) a bit. If the fan belt on your alternator is loose, maybe it's slipping or floating slightly. I would check the belt and snug it up if it's loose.

Good luck,

Tim

Welcome to the FMCA Forum.

Are you running your generator when this occurs?

If so, your battery charger/converter will also be charging the batteries and may be "fooling" the idiot light. Try turning off the generator or turn off the breaker to the charger/converter if on a separate breaker.

Brett

Guest BillAdams

You say you are running the generator for sure. Why run the generator? Do you need to it run the A/C while driving? Does your dash A/C not keep up? Do you have the same problem if the genset is not running?

You say you are running the generator for sure. Why run the generator? Do you need to it run the A/C while driving? Does your dash A/C not keep up? Do you have the same problem if the genset is not running?

Travel so far has been in N. Florida/S. Georgia with passengers in temperatures in the 90's. The dash A/C is fine for just two of us, but doesn't get much farther. I'm not sure if I have the same problem without the generator. I'm going to try to find out this week.

Thanks for your response.