Sign in to follow this  
adams2448

Flying Lamps and Other Objects

Hello and good morning! I hope someone out there can help. I'm kind of at a loss here .... we're full-timers (and I'm new at this). My grandmother's lamps are beautiful, tall and rather heavy, and I just can't live without the light and beauty they give me.

What can I use to keep them secure and on corian tables? Velcro didn't work. The lamps are ceramic with a metal hollow base that has a felt cover to keep them from scratching surfaces.

Our coach came with a small, heavy lamp that has some kind of sticky yellow stuff that holds it, but I don't have a clue what the yellow stuff is. I'd truly appreciate any advice you offer!

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

Happy trails!

Eileen Adams F418837

I can tell you what I did in our past two coaches. If you will be using the lamps in the same location all the time, they can be permanently mounted. Lowe's and Home Depot have parts for lamps. I bought a long threaded lamp rod. Drilled a hole through the top of the furniture or cabinet and extended the rod through with a lock washer and nut below. The wire will need to be extended out of the rod. I was able to install an additional outlet in the cabinet for the lamp and could use the other half of the outlet to charge my phone. I don't have any pictures, but we have not had any trouble at all with this installation. If you need additional information send me you phone number, and I be will happy to help.

Let me Welcome You'll to the Forum.

We have a friend that has some stuff she got at a florist. I have asked her to send me the name. When she does I will post it to you. In the mean time lay grandmas lamps on the couch or chair and strap them in so nothing happens to them. No matter what you get to secure them in traveling put up a test object up before you just secure Grandmas lamp and take off down the road. If your test object stands up to stopping and starting then you may feel secure in keeping your antique lamps up also.

Good luck and I will post you an answer as soon as I get it.

I can tell you what I did in our past two coaches. If you will be using the lamps in the same location all the time, they can be permanently mounted. Lowe's and Home Depot have parts for lamps. I bought a long threaded lamp rod. Drilled a hole through the top of the furniture or cabinet and extended the rod through with a lock washer and nut below. The wire will need to be extended out of the rod. I was able to install an additional outlet in the cabinet for the lamp and could use the other half of the outlet to charge my phone. I don't have any pictures, but we have not had any trouble at all with this installation. If you need additional information send me you phone number, and I be will happy to help.

I like this answer. Specing a "hold down" for normal travel leaves it as a flying object in an emergency.

FAR better to permanently secure it so there are no worries in an emergency.

Brett