Sign in to follow this  
altergrigo

'89 Bounder Manual

I just bought an '89 Fleetwood Bounder. I've never owned a motorhome before. The battery for the secondary system was not hooked up, but I have one, I just don't know exactly how to hook it up & get the generator going. I'd really like to download a pdf manual if anyone can tell me where to get it.

Thanks.

Welcome to the FMCA Forum. There are two battery banks on your coach -- each bank could have one or more batteries. Chassis battery(s) start the coach. Think of it as the same as the one in your car or truck. The other is the house battery(s). They supply the "house needs," such as 12 VDC lights, water pump, PC boards on many appliances, etc.

I assume you are talking about the house battery bank. Some are 12 VDC batteries, some are two 6 VDC batteries wired in series to make a 12 VDC battery.

Most owners manuals for motorhomes are not complete with wiring schematics. Since you can do a lot of damage by hooking up the house battery incorrectly, you might swing by an RV repair shop and have them point out the positive and ground connections. Brett

I just bought an '89 Fleetwood Bounder. I've never owned a motorhome before. The battery for the secondary system was not hooked up, but I have one, I just don't know exactly how to hook it up & get the generator going. I'd really like to download a pdf manual if anyone can tell me where to get it.

Thanks.

altergrigo, welcome to the forum. If you haven't already done so, look at Joining FMCA and find a chapter that you can get with and meet some great people and learn alot from them.

As to you problem check out www.rvbasic.com. There are some diagrams showing how to connect your battries together. Get to know Brett. He has a world of knowledge and love to share it with anyone in need.

Good Luck and happy RVing :)

Hi Altergrigo,**** Here. I owned a 1987 Gas Bounder and still have all the Chassis Wiring diagrams,my scanner is out of order at the time and I have not converted the files to a PDF format.

I currently have a 2000 Diesel Bounder and have been doing most of the work myself for years.

Might be able to help and you can join The Bounder.org Group at Yahoo and there are about 480 bounder owners at the sight.

To late smart!! should have made a copy of the 87 Owners Manual.

Altergrigo,

Did you find the information you where looking for?

I did manage to put together a PDF file that might cover your question.

It is not the same year, but very close.

Rich.